Notices

Keeping a daily journal

Old 07-31-2019, 12:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Keeping a daily journal

Is a brilliant way (I find ) to keep track of your recovery and highly recommend it to anyone newly sober , and as the weeks go by it's a great read to look back through journal and see where you were at a week ago or a month ago. You literally see with your own words how things are constantly improving.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

A lot of people keep journal threads, or blogs, here.
Very useful indeed.

Hope you're doing well Kid

D
Old 07-31-2019, 02:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I have two. One here. And a notebook . pretty cool. 😎 keep coming back
Old 07-31-2019, 05:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have been keeping a calendar and journal both. The calendar I started years ago, because I needed to see how many days I was drinking out of the year. At times, I would count up the days and if I was sober over half the days of the year it was an accomplishment. Sometimes just 5 or 6 days was a good period. So yes a calendar is a great idea, as you can begin to count up the days and when they go over a month, two months, etc. it is a real sense of accomplishment. Previously my longest sober time was 387 days. I passed that a bit ago, and even though it was a private milestone I felt proud. So keep a calendar, and best wishes in your recovery!
Old 07-31-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kid50 View Post
Is a brilliant way (I find ) to keep track of your recovery and highly recommend it to anyone newly sober , and as the weeks go by it's a great read to look back through journal and see where you were at a week ago or a month ago. You literally see with your own words how things are constantly improving.
Journaling is a great way to more objectively see how you think and how you feel.
Old 07-31-2019, 01:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That’s great advice! I used to journal a lot, and stopped a number of years ago (also have paper stuff, but it’s hard for me to read my own handwriting, go figure).

I should start it up again
Old 07-31-2019, 06:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Yes, I found this to be super eye opening the last time I got sober in 2005...I SHOULD do this now....also....almost 40 days and today I was forgetting a little bit all I had been thru drinking.

I did not want to drink...but it would be good to have a book to look back on ...regarding how each day has been better and better since I stopped killing myself with alcohol.
Old 07-31-2019, 07:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

There were tough days where I didn’t want to even look at a computer, but the next entry could have shown that. It would have been nice to have to remind yourself how far you’ve come.... it’s a bunch of small steps that occur over sometimes even a short amount of time, you don’t realize your accomplishment!