Notices

4 Months 10 days

Old 07-30-2019, 02:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 Months 10 days

This is the longest I have been sober in 20 years and am beginning to think I have cracked it.

A lot of damage was done to my physical and mental well-being through my self destructive alcohollism.

I would like my my brain to rewrire itself so I have more ability. I have a low paid employment which affects my self esteem. I also isolated out of work and need to keep distant from stressful family because I know that has led to me abusing alcohol in the past.

I still have fleeting thoughts of drinking alcohol. The goal I had when I started was 12 months sober, really I need to stay sober for the rest of my life.
Old 07-30-2019, 02:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you. Nobody said this was going to be easy. But it is doable I have 87 days under my belt. Things are getting better. We are gonna be work in progress for the rest of our lives. Thats not a bad thing. Start doing some networking . do research on the how tos on landing a good job. You get what you put into it. Keep coming back.
Old 07-30-2019, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on 4 months and 10 days sober! Keep going, it gets better.
Old 07-30-2019, 05:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Don't let your job dictate your self esteem. I am not in a great financial situation due to being a drunk that could barely get out of bed so not exactly surprising. If you have your head and physical health you can do anything you want to now that your sober but it is not going to happen overnight. I know that was a hard thing for me to accept. What am I doing in this crappy position when people who were not half as good are doing great. Takes time just put yourself in a good situation to land a better job and eventually the chips will fall your direction!
Old 07-30-2019, 05:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Stable
Congrats on 4months - my brain started to heal around that time and things got a lot better - I hope it will for you too

D
Old 07-30-2019, 06:32 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on 4 months and 10 days! 12 months is a while away...you will probably change your mind about 3x from now till then about staying sober vs. drinking...

However, hopefully you are getting enough rewards for being sober...eating and sleeping better..feeling better generally, getting along with family and friends better, more focus while you are working (even thou you are not fond of your job)..more benefits will come daily if we just keep down the drink...

Possibly if you stay sober in a few more months time you may develop the self-esteem to find another job..you are worthy of being happy...but only you can make it happen...