Nervous breakdown

Old 07-28-2019, 02:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Nervous breakdown

i think I’m having a nervous breakdown. I read my friends wedding invitation and it said June 28. I thought it was today, July 28. The wedding is next year!!! I asked AH to drive me there cuz it was over the mountains, I cNt do mountains yet, and when he found out I was wrong, he blamed himself. He said it’s because of all the stress he put me thru that I made that mistake. I cried all the way back. Now he went to buy me ice cream...I’m still crying. Maybe I should commit MYSELF.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There has been so much stress lately, it started with a flood in my house in June, because of broken pipe, since then it has been non stop with insurance, contractors, tearing things up, lawyers, drinking, therapists...and to add to it there is all the family drama cuz I got them all involved with this bs.i should have just kept my mouth shut. Too much drama .I thought God didn’t give you more than you can handle?,
Old 07-28-2019, 02:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed....you are not having a nervous breakdown. Anyone can make that kind of mistake....I have done similar things. And, it is true...maybe being distracted, as you have been...has contributed, some....
But, wow---what a stroke of fortune, for him....and, maybe, he is being sincere....but, it is such a perfect opportunity for him to pour on the sugar....
For someone who is planning on divorcing him and asking him to leave, in the near future....you sure are setting yourself up for a big crisis of self doubt and collapse of motivation....I mean----What kind of a wretch could kick out someone who blames themselves for your mistakes and goes to get you ice cream!?
Walking on some thin ice, there...….be careful....
Old 07-28-2019, 02:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Dazed....you are not having a nervous breakdown. Anyone can make that kind of mistake....I have done similar things. And, it is true...maybe being distracted, as you have been...has contributed, some....
But, wow---what a stroke of fortune, for him....and, maybe, he is being sincere....but, it is such a perfect opportunity for him to pour on the sugar....
For someone who is planning on divorcing him and asking him to leave, in the near future....you sure are setting yourself up for a big crisis of self doubt and collapse of motivation....I mean----What kind of a wretch could kick out someone who blames themselves for your mistakes and goes to get you ice cream!?
Walking on some thin ice, there...….be careful....
this wretch who is mentally messed up. This is who he is. The drunk guy is not who he is. We have agreed to part friends and spend as much sober time together until he moves. I don’t hate him, nor him me, I just can’t do the insanity of alcoholism anymore. He gets that
Old 07-28-2019, 02:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed......the drunk guy is who he is when he is drunk. When he is drunk...you still have to deal with him.. Not being inside his actual head...you can't know for sure what he "gets", right now. He can say the right words and do the kind things when the opportunity presents itself...but, I suspect that you are still a looong way from being "just friends"...…
Just like that alcoholic voice is sitting in the bushes....telling him it is o.k. to drink......your "love-guilt voice" will be waiting to respond to the Siren Call.....
Old 07-28-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dazed......the drunk guy is who he is when he is drunk. When he is drunk...you still have to deal with him.. Not being inside his actual head...you can't know for sure what he "gets", right now. He can say the right words and do the kind things when the opportunity presents itself...but, I suspect that you are still a looong way from being "just friends"...…
Just like that alcoholic voice is sitting in the bushes....telling him it is o.k. to drink......your "love-guilt voice" will be waiting to respond to the Siren Call.....
oh god you’re right...
Old 07-28-2019, 03:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed...I'm thinking that getting through this is so much about boundaries....the kinds of boundaries that you use to protect yourself....soft, loose, mushy boundaries will be to your disadvantage...
No one is saying that you two can't part as friends.....
But, for this transition period...perhaps being civil...but, not too cozy would be the best strategy (boundary)…..
Old 07-28-2019, 03:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dazed...I'm thinking that getting through this is so much about boundaries....the kinds of boundaries that you use to protect yourself....soft, loose, mushy boundaries will be to your disadvantage...
No one is saying that you two can't part as friends.....
But, for this transition period...perhaps being civil...but, not too cozy would be the best strategy (boundary)…..
duct tape
Old 07-28-2019, 03:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

…………….and, bailing wire. Yes.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Skipper

If I received a wedding invitation that said June 28, I might have made the very same mistake...who sends out invitations a year in advance??? Maybe a "save the date"... but geesh.

give yourself a break over this one. Actually, keep giving yourself breaks. Be kind to yourself. Its gonna be ok.
Old 07-28-2019, 06:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by skippernlilg View Post
If I received a wedding invitation that said June 28, I might have made the very same mistake...who sends out invitations a year in advance??? Maybe a "save the date"... but geesh.

give yourself a break over this one. Actually, keep giving yourself breaks. Be kind to yourself. Its gonna be ok.
thank you for saying that. There was no 2020 on the invitation either. But still, what a numbskull I was.
Old 07-28-2019, 10:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Skipper, excellent point! Sending out invitations a YEAR before the event is strange. ANYONE would have been confused!
Dazed, I admire how well you are keeping it together thru this extremely hectic time in your life. You are not a numbskull. You are not weak. You are making it through these tough days.
I think in a few months, you should change your name to AMAZEDandNOTconfused.
Self-care time for you...are you getting some good sleep?
Old 07-29-2019, 12:36 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zevin View Post
Skipper, excellent point! Sending out invitations a YEAR before the event is strange. ANYONE would have been confused!
Dazed, I admire how well you are keeping it together thru this extremely hectic time in your life. You are not a numbskull. You are not weak. You are making it through these tough days.
I think in a few months, you should change your name to AMAZEDandNOTconfused.
Self-care time for you...are you getting some good sleep?
sleep is off and on but I rest when I can. Thank you!
Old 07-29-2019, 04:12 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

DC, I've done things like that, too. Please don't catastrophize a simple mistake. We all make them

I've woken up in a hot panic after falling asleep in the afternoon (thinking it was morning) rushing around until I finally looked at my phone to see the Date and Time...smh. When I realized it was the same evening instead of the next morning, I felt like an idiot. Then...I laughed! Meh, what can I say?!
Old 07-29-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

See, I'd have looked at the invitation, gotten the month right...and figured I'd been b-listed and sent an invitation after the wedding!
Old 07-29-2019, 07:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I took my DD to a bday party on the wrong day not once but TWICE when I was going through my divorce LOL! It's just an easy mistake to make when you feel overwhelmed.

Laugh it off and move forward.