The Rotten Cherry on Top of What Was A Great Week!

Old 07-01-2002, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

The Rotten Cherry on Top of What Was A Great Week!

“Convicted Serial Bedwetter Allegedly ‘Forced’ to Sleep on Floor Like A Dog”

Rumor has it that serial bedwetter, 29-year-old, J. A. C. L. Gomez, was allegedly forced to sleep on the floor of his home last night. His six-month pregnant girlfriend, Ms. Eirene, (with eight-year-old son in tow) picked him up from a soccer game at 6:30 p.m. after three calls from a very drunken Gomez. Ms. Eirene, stated that his words were slurred so badly when she talked to him on the phone that she couldn’t understand where he said he was located in the park. Unfortunately, her son located him under a tree near where Gomez and his drunken buddies had been playing soccer. Ms. Eirene states that it was a very quiet ride home. Once home, Ms. Eirene firmly told Gomez not to touch the TV because she and her son were going to finish watching a movie that was interrupted. Gomez was said to have gone upstairs to bed. When Ms. Eirene retired for the night, she found Gomez lying in his own urine-soaked shorts on the floor next to their bed. Ms. Eirene states that she did not force Gomez to sleep on the floor like a dog, however, she admits that the vision did appear in her mind as she crawled into her side of the bed, leaving him where she found him. In the early morning hours, Gomez awoke and accused Ms. Eirene of pushing him to the floor to sleep. Ms. Eirene quickly recognized the reality manipulation and detached herself from Gomez’s bullsh*t. Ms. Eirene states that she couldn’t sleep and had a revelation that she later shared with Gomez. She reportedly stated, “I know why God chose me to carry our baby instead of you – because you’re not responsible enough to quit drinking long enough to do it. If you carried our baby, I can imagine the major problems it may have related to your alcohol use, so God chose me!” She went on further, stating, “Looks like you broke your promise again,” as she scooted to her side of the bed to distance herself from his hands touching her belly where their child lays safe from the insanity - for the time being. Ms. Eirene left for work this morning wondering “This can’t be normal…can it?”

This is the third time in eight days that he has "wet" himself after major alcohol consumption - how manly...

This is not acceptable in most people's world, right???

EIRENE
Old 07-01-2002, 09:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Eirene!

I love your style. I was laughing on the first line.

Now please... encourage this man to see a doctor and get his blood sugar checked.
Hugs,
Smoke
Old 07-01-2002, 10:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

I did talk to him about getting his blood sugar checked. He said he has in the past and it was fine. His brother has diabetes and with what was said here, I thought maybe that was contributing to it, besides his problem. It doesn't appear that he is going to have it checked any time soon. I will mention it again though.

I know my style I used to tell the lastest event might have made it a "light" issue, but it confuses me. It sounds so stupid, but this really did happen. Nothing was said this morning and probably won't be unless I say something, but I don't know what I want to say because I don't know what I want. And to top it all off, I loaned $60 to my ex-husband a week ago, enabling him to be the financial wizard that he is not at managing his money... I have the book "Co Dependent No More" which I am going to re read because I think I have a problem identifying when I have crossed my own line....I am so confused.
Old 07-01-2002, 11:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know you're not making light of the problem, Eirene. We often resort to humor when we are at our wits end. It keeps us from screaming sometimes. That's why our administrator so wisely created the new Recovery Follies page.

There are a host of physical problems that can contribute to urinary disfunction in adults. I hope he will consider seeing a doctor.

It doesn't sound stupid. Before coming to this forum or to alanon meetings many of us thought we were alone in the world with a uniquely strange individual. Then we discovered there were many people who had to deal with similar, or at least, equally freaky addicts. You are not alone.

By all means read Beattie's book again. And consider going to alanon meetings. Nobody can tell you what to want, but they can help you begin to ask yourself the right questions so you can figure it out.

Hugs,
Smoke