Notices

Days

Old 07-27-2019, 05:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Days

Im on day 2 of sobriety. I start a new job in 4 weeks. I want to be hopefully past detox by my first day. I can not let alcohol screw this up for me. My first day of work will be day 31. Im already very nervous about the new job. I dont need to be worried about sweating/alcohol anxiety or being a withdrawal mess.
Old 07-27-2019, 06:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Originally Posted by tonisherrell View Post
My first day of work will be day 31. Im already very nervous about the new job. I dont need to be worried about sweating/alcohol anxiety or being a withdrawal mess.
Congrats on the new job. Please don't get anxious about something that is 31 days from now. They call that "future tripping". Get through today sober, then repeat tomorrow and the next day up until you start your job and you will be fine.
Old 07-27-2019, 12:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Relax you have plenty of time to feel normalish. Long as you dont booze feel me. You can do this. Keep coming back
Old 07-27-2019, 01:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tonisherrell View Post
Im on day 2 of sobriety. I start a new job in 4 weeks. I want to be hopefully past detox by my first day. I can not let alcohol screw this up for me. My first day of work will be day 31. Im already very nervous about the new job. I dont need to be worried about sweating/alcohol anxiety or being a withdrawal mess.
Hello,
do you mean four days or four weeks until you start your new job?
If it were four days, I'd be a little concerned. But if you've got four weeks, that's plenty of time to get your **** together.
The answer is simple, complete abstinence from alcohol, whichever it is.
I sincerely hope you can do it. I know you can. You have a legitimate reason, whereas maybe before you didn't .

Just don't drink no matter what. You've got great things to look forward to. Best to you.
Old 07-27-2019, 03:09 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi toni well done on your new job. I understand how you feel i work in education and last week of term i totally messed up had gone on massive binge, was off 3 days and iĺl at work gor last 2 days looking like death. Im off for 6 weeks and completely determined to turn it around and go back after holidays a new person. But enjoy each day as it comes, one sober day at a time, im only day 11 but i feel so much better. Going to enjoy each sober day of my break and then turn back up to work happy and healthy ready to start anew
Old 07-27-2019, 05:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on the new job Toni - if you make a recovery plan and stick to it, I'd hope you'll feel pretty good in 4 weeks time.

Any ideas yet on how you'll stay sober?
D
Old 07-27-2019, 05:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Your on day 2..I know so well the mind games alcohol plays on day 2 of detox.

Day 2 of detox WAS always my WORST day.....

So, so much "panic"....that is all this is....it will pass...in 5 more days...you won't be able to wipe the smile off your face....and you will be happily awaiting your new job.

I learned from detoxing so much in the last 6 years..this panic, depression, fear, anxiety, insomnia...etc..is all because our brains are "pickled" from the drinking and literally "misfiring" these signals....

If you just don't drink for a few more days I promise you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Don't let alcohol steal this job from you...put up a fight!