Notices

79 days and lots of positive vibes!

Old 07-27-2019, 12:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

79 days and lots of positive vibes!

Hi Folks,
I am newly born and its 79 day birthday.So many positive thinkings are coming and going. However there are plenty of negativity too.Hope is getting bigger than fear. Thats what I can say in summery. THATS SOUND GOOD ...EVERYDAY NEW POSITIVE HOPEs ARE coming ...enjoying a Víctory!!!
Old 07-27-2019, 01:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well Done Paul

D
Old 07-27-2019, 01:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Go you Paul Woohoo!!!! 79 days is quite the achievement and you should be very proud!!! Shout it from the mountain tops!!!
Old 07-27-2019, 01:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice one Paul, keep going mate.
Old 07-27-2019, 01:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Excellent, Paul. I reckon if someone gets that far, they will have lost most of the urge to drink and/or know how to deal with it.

It’s only when people experiment with drinking again, they hit problems. I’ve lost count but am over 200 days off the booze. I don’t miss red wine, but I must admit to liking the taste of it. Oh well, I’ll just have to live with the memory because every piece of research out there shows the likes of us will relapse if we start to drink again. It’s so much easier to say no.

Well done again, Paul. You’ve really done the hard part now. Remember, though, we’re only in remission from alcoholism, but it’s a nice place to be.

Old 07-27-2019, 02:16 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by b0glerd69 View Post
Nice one Paul, keep going mate.
Yes mate I have no urge to drink and I can do it.
cheers
Old 07-27-2019, 02:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hodd View Post
Excellent, Paul. I reckon if someone gets that far, they will have lost most of the urge to drink and/or know how to deal with it.

It’s only when people experiment with drinking again, they hit problems. I’ve lost count but am over 200 days off the booze. I don’t miss red wine, but I must admit to liking the taste of it. Oh well, I’ll just have to live with the memory because every piece of research out there shows the likes of us will relapse if we start to drink again. It’s so much easier to say no.

Well done again, Paul. You’ve really done the hard part now. Remember, though, we’re only in remission from alcoholism, but it’s a nice place to be.

Hi Hodd,Congrates for your over 200 days !
I had those days already and i used to hate drink and drinking environment 4 years ago.
However I lost my sobriety to one drink that I took by mistake. IT was a sunny day i bought a cold drink on which I got a taste of alcohol and then decided to buy another. Later the same day I dared to buy more beers . It took 4 years to get out of it .
So better not yo remind you that taste!!!
If you remember that taste and hate it thats okay but if you love it means you are missing it.One day you might take a decisión that you feel quite confident to handle it and start drink.And your life goes back ....
take care ¡¡
Old 07-27-2019, 03:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Paul, for me it became second nature not to drink after maybe 100 days or so, but everyone’s different. I’m not saying the urge has disappeared, although it’s considerably weaker, but the habit of thinking of buying a 4 pack of beers or a bottle of wine each evening has long gone.

Interesting to read about those hot day drinks and the effect they had. It’s helpful to anyone reading and hammers home the point that ex-drinkers must not drink again. Moderation isn’t humanly possibly.

I can’t forget the taste of wine. Instead of pretending I didn’t like it, I think of it as a memory of something in the past. An old person may have memories of running up hills, for example, and accept those days are behind them. I accept my drinking days are behind me.
Old 07-27-2019, 04:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks Paul, for me it became second nature not to drink after maybe 100 days or so, but everyone’s different. I’m not saying the urge has disappeared, although it’s considerably weaker, but the habit of thinking of buying a 4 pack of beers or a bottle of wine each evening has long gone.

Interesting to read about those hot day drinks and the effect they had. It’s helpful to anyone reading and hammers home the point that ex-drinkers must not drink again. Moderation isn’t humanly possibly.

I can’t forget the taste of wine. Instead of pretending I didn’t like it, I think of it as a memory of something in the past. An old person may have memories of running up hills, for example, and accept those days are behind them. I accept my drinking days are behind me.
Thank you Hodd sharing your experience that you made a sober life a second nature. It will help me to remind me my mantra.
Habits are learned behaviour and can be unlearned and relearned.
I love to make a sober life again a second nature and i am on my way.
take care
Old 07-27-2019, 05:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So many uplifting messages today around here. It is going to be a great WE. Thanks for sharing
Old 07-27-2019, 12:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

79 right on time thays what im talking about! Good for you. I'm on day 84 looking for more😁 keep coming back
Old 07-27-2019, 02:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paulsandy View Post
Thank you Hodd sharing your experience that you made a sober life a second nature. It will help me to remind me my mantra.
Habits are learned behaviour and can be unlearned and relearned.
I love to make a sober life again a second nature and i am on my way.
take care
And Thank you for the positive post.😀

I hate cliches, but it’s horses for courses. There’s no one way to quit, but whatever works for a person is their best way. I just considered the huge risk of cancer or liver disease along with the fact I was dependent and couldn’t drink again. That was enough for me. If others need AA, counselling or tablets, go for it.
Old 07-28-2019, 04:38 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congrats on all the days! And the positive focus. Keep going strong!
Old 07-28-2019, 04:39 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
79 right on time thays what im talking about! Good for you. I'm on day 84 looking for more😁 keep coming back
I am following you so never give up soberRican .
Stay strong and fulfilled with can do attitude ...
together we are stronger !!
Old 07-28-2019, 04:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

And Thank you for the positive post.😀

I hate cliches, but it’s horses for courses. There’s no one way to quit, but whatever works for a person is their best way. I just considered the huge risk of cancer or liver disease along with the fact I was dependent and couldn’t drink again. That was enough for me. If others need AA, counselling or tablets, go for it.
Yes Hodd I can relate to what we we believe we become !!
If we are totally powerless and hopeless than we need some sorts of support .
You are a huge inspiration to me .
Old 07-28-2019, 04:47 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BackandScared View Post
So many uplifting messages today around here. It is going to be a great WE. Thanks for sharing
Thank you and take care Backand Scared .
Old 07-28-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paulsandy View Post
Yes Hodd I can relate to what we we believe we become !!
If we are totally powerless and hopeless than we need some sorts of support .
You are a huge inspiration to me .
Ha ha, thanks, but I’m just some guy, bit of a nobody 😀

What I will say, which might make people think, is that a routine general ultrasound picked up that I had a mild fatty liver. I’d cut right down on drinking anyway, but that was the proof needed that drinking had affected my health. If I’d carried on drinking, that fat may have got worse and turned into cirrhosis in just a few more years. Fatty liver is totally reversible. Cirrhosis isn’t curable at all. I feel like one lucky person to have quit in time.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober time PS! Keep going, it gets better.