Notices

Three months sober

Old 07-25-2019, 01:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Three months sober

My recovery continues! I've been working through a lot of stuff in my newly sober head this month and feel like I've been making great strides. A sober life seems not only possible, but extremely preferable. I feel like I'm still just laying the foundations, but that is a prerequisite for a whole new life.

I sleep well, have almost no anxiety anymore, am building relationships, thinking about the future and indulging in my passions. I give credit to here, having a supportive family, AA (spiritually I'm thinking about Taoism), a stint of outpatient rehab (good 'cause it gave me purpose in the mornings and created yet more recovery connections - and there everyone was newly sober), SMART and CBT-based techniques, and in that I include AVRT.

The CBT stuff is best for my mental health, the other stuff is best for making sober connections, for me the most important aspect of early recovery. AA's programme also seems particularly useful for living a productive, social and spiritual life, while SMART's for a self-directed, varied and mentally strong one. I will continue to utilise aspects of both for now.

I've waited for this one. A big ol' milestone. Cheers all.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Woot woot thats what I'm talking about.😁 I have 82 days today. . my mind is clear. Eating good sleeping good. Got a New job. Life is good. Keep coming back
Old 07-25-2019, 02:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Tetrax

D
Old 07-25-2019, 02:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Canine Welfare Advocate

Wonderful. Your progress has been great. A complete turnaround. From helpless to helpful.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Just superb tetrax. You are doing amazing.
Old 07-25-2019, 04:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations!
You're doing everything right and with all that you can't miss.
Ninety days is a big one, so good job.
Many more sober days to you!
Old 07-25-2019, 05:01 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Cheers! You are winning
Old 07-25-2019, 05:22 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This is awesome!! The way you are in the driver’s seat and soaking up all the things you can that serve you from the different tools available is really inspiring. Way to go!
Old 07-25-2019, 07:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thats is great! I remember reading your posts from a couple months ago and it sounds like you have come a long way. Great stuff!
Old 07-25-2019, 07:42 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

So happy to hear this! I especially like how you are learning to build a toolbox with tools from different sources. I'm a fan of taking what you need and leaving the rest from any program designed for recovery. That's what works really well for me, and it sounds like that works for you, also. That having been said, I did work all of the AA steps, because I felt like it was important to get through that process. I do not, however, subscribe to every bit of the AA dogma. I go to meetings for the connections, and because at this point it's important to me to be of service to newcomers, but my actual recovery program includes a whole bunch of different things.

Whatever works, I say. Keep going! You sound great.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:46 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Great success story. Happy for you.
Old 07-25-2019, 07:56 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Couldn’t be happier for you Tetrax! You’ve worked really hard for this so savour the moment and be proud of yourself xx
Old 07-25-2019, 08:13 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Congratulations, Tetrax!!
Old 07-25-2019, 08:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
nez

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
A sober life seems not only possible, but extremely preferable.
Congrats on the three months. Very cool! A sober life is truly the best show in town.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:05 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats to you on three months sober! I am happy to read this.
Old 07-25-2019, 02:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Hi Tetrax;

So glad to hear things are going so well.
Recovery looks just like this

Keep up the great work and thank you for the update-
Old 07-25-2019, 07:49 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Awesome Tetrax
Old 07-25-2019, 08:00 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I remember when I hit 3 months sober and how it marked a shift in my attitude. I knew I could do this and felt stronger than I had felt before.

I am proud of you.
Old 07-26-2019, 12:02 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tetrax View Post
My recovery continues! I've been working through a lot of stuff in my newly sober head this month and feel like I've been making great strides. A sober life seems not only possible, but extremely preferable. I feel like I'm still just laying the foundations, but that is a prerequisite for a whole new life.

I sleep well, have almost no anxiety anymore, am building relationships, thinking about the future and indulging in my passions. I give credit to here, having a supportive family, AA (spiritually I'm thinking about Taoism), a stint of outpatient rehab (good 'cause it gave me purpose in the mornings and created yet more recovery connections - and there everyone was newly sober), SMART and CBT-based techniques, and in that I include AVRT.

The CBT stuff is best for my mental health, the other stuff is best for making sober connections, for me the most important aspect of early recovery. AA's programme also seems particularly useful for living a productive, social and spiritual life, while SMART's for a self-directed, varied and mentally strong one. I will continue to utilise aspects of both for now.

I've waited for this one. A big ol' milestone. Cheers all.
You are an inspiration and it is so nice to feel your positivity and motivation!!! Also, thank you for providing your plan. I am just in, eight days and my plan is AA (90 for 90) and an addiction psychiatrist. I am excited and going to meetings are the highlight of my day, with my rituals coming in second.
I cannot wait for my month, i have not been sober longer than 2 weeks since as long as I can remember back, to age 17. That day will be incredibly emotional and I cannot even imagine how elated you are right now. You're a true role model!

Just wanted to say thanks for brightening the end of my day!
Old 07-26-2019, 01:08 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

Congrats Tetrax. I know how you've struggled, and you've got this. 90 days is the real deal.

I also did a similar recovery plan with a little bit of everything...my outpatient was CBT, and that was a cornerstone. Glad that aspect is working for you as well.