Notices

Missing things

Old 07-24-2019, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Missing things

Good morning and happy sober hump day. Just home from a long niggt of work. Boy feels good to say that again. This subject I see posted often . and it in regards to missing something from not boozing. Made me think if we fear that we will miss things in life perhaps it's a good idea to cultivate a few things that no one can ever take away from us. Sobriety is one such example. No one can ever steal this from me I can hand it over heaven forbid but no one can take it I believe true Freedom requires the ability to separate the things that can be taken in a things that will always be mine. Not a person on this planet can take away my sobriety my knowledge or my skills. And I studied and learned sobriety dusk that cannot be taken out of my memory bank and I apply it to my life on a daily basis and with that I'll keep coming back. Day 81 for me
Old 07-24-2019, 08:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great post! And great job on 81 days. Long nights of work do feel good, don't they? One bonus of sobriety for sure!
Old 07-24-2019, 12:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I love this post because I love when we can as newly sober individuals..look "deep" into ourselves and come out with something (like this post) that WE can grow from and help others to grow from.

Not only can no one take my sobriety away...I will NOT let that HAPPEN.

I am finally IN CONTROL (God and I of course)...so many people in my circle THOUGHT I would drink this week...I was at my Dads and I had to call 911 cause of a family fight...things like that would make me drink.....And I did not drink.

Because I know if I had....I would be on a binge right now...I learned what drinking does to me...finally and I have accepted that I can't do it...unless I want to be sick.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post Soberican. You are an inspiration.
Old 07-24-2019, 12:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic post, SoberRican.

Isn’t it wonderful and sobriety is ours for the keeping!
Old 07-24-2019, 05:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey, SoberRican-congratulations on 81 days. I appreciate your insight and passion for your sobriety, and I enjoy reading your posts.