Notices

Solitude

Old 07-23-2019, 05:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Solitude

Good morning all. Just got home from work. Changed into confy cloths. . be going to bed soon. As you see from the title that some things cross my mind . I read alot about folks being bored or what not cause your not around people . early in my sobriety I began to notice how many references people made about drinking . at first I felt I had to join in laugh or toss in my own one liners. After I surrendered to my disease did I see these moments as opportunities to practice my sweet independent solitude.my sweet independent sobriety. I mean I am a funny guy. But I realized that I could no longer take part in drinking repartee because my disease was no longer funny to me. When the jokes start flying I simply sit in my solitude and my sobriety and realize that my new life requires that I foster my own independent way of thinking. My way of thinking is going to save my life my ability to be centered in my solitude at moments where I am excluded will keep me sober and sane I relish my sweet Independence in solitude and sobriety and I now know that every time I am alone in a group my independent way of thinking become stronger and more lasting than ever before. I just wanted to share something with you guys before I go to bed and sleep really good on my 80th day of sobriety keep coming back
Old 07-23-2019, 07:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Being comfortable in solitude is a gift- just don't isolate. That's one I have to watch out for, like lots of alcoholics.
Old 07-23-2019, 07:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 80 days. Terrific
Old 07-23-2019, 08:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I live alone (with a dog and 3 cats, that is) and am used to being by myself. As my dad used to tell us when we were growing up, when you're alone, at least you know you're in good company.
Old 07-23-2019, 08:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go on 80 days

D
Old 07-24-2019, 06:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
\ I relish my sweet Independence in solitude and sobriety and I now know that every time I am alone in a group my independent way of thinking become stronger and more lasting than ever before.

I love this part of your post..YUP.
Old 07-25-2019, 03:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Very insightful post! Congrats on 80 days! I'll be there soon!