Notices

Day 4 and I am feeling rubbish

Old 07-21-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Day 4 and I am feeling rubbish

I have been trying to be positive and productive - going shopping, cooking, spending time with my parents.
Not sleeping great though and today I feel anxious and jittery. It's gone midday and I still haven't washed much less got out of bed. I hate feeling like this
Old 07-21-2019, 04:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Unfortunately its part of a lor of peoples withdrawal stories nightshade. Try and tough it out - things won;t be like this too long.

Get up have a shower, get something to eat - you'll feel better

D
Old 07-21-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It sounds like you did too much in the first few days..Drinkers really need to rehydrate and rest before they go on to tackle the world.

I'm not saying everyone is the same and my last detox was horrendous...I literally could not go out of the house or eat food for 6 days....I spent a lot of time hydrating and taking vitamins before my appetite and strength returned enough for me to even drive my car.

You are doing good if you went shopping and stuff..but you really should take care of yourself for the next couple of days..do as little as possible and focus on healing your body...Let someone else go shopping. Put Gatorade on the list
Old 07-21-2019, 04:57 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Small tasks were a big part of my first few weeks. Literally, brush my teeth, wash face, brush hair, eat 2 crackers, etc.
it will get better, just keep doing the next right thing!
Old 07-21-2019, 05:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks guys, mum and dad came back so I finally got up and did us all some lunch (I had coffee and cereal though) back in bed with a big bottle of water and watching iplayer for now
Old 07-21-2019, 07:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm about where you are and have just about recovered the mental ability to do 15 mins much needed housework I'm not too stressed about feeling terrible, because I have got sober before and I know it passes. My anti depressants are starting to work too.

It's a rebuilding process of everything. Small victories everyday. I managed to some sleep last night without waking up every five minutes, for the first time in weeks. Yay.
Old 07-21-2019, 07:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

oh crikey FreshStartOk, I haven't even faced housework yet - and the laundry is piling up, I don't even know what to wear tomorrow for work
Old 07-21-2019, 07:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Try to not get overwhelmed during these tough days. You should start to feel better in a couple of days.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Its only four days in. Your body and mind are tweaking right now. Not used to being without their fuel. To function feel me. Water.rest. things will start to improve . I promise. Long as you dont drink. Thats the only way it will solve it. Keep coming back
Old 07-21-2019, 09:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks again, Anna ad SobeRican, I have been napping, snacking, seating and drinking lots of water. Just have to keep going to the loo to have a wee
Old 07-21-2019, 09:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Stay sober and you should start feeling better in a few days.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:08 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Im on day 4 as well, I remember your post saying you were feeling pretty great on your day 3. Like the other post maybe you pushed yourself too hard. Im feeling ok, just woke up at 1pm lol. I slept good, but my sleep schedule is terrible I couldnt fall asleep until 7am. I have an interview tomorrow morning, hopefully get job and start work soon after so its going to be an intense adjustment. I'm prepared to not be able to sleep until 7am, then interview at 9am oh well.

I would say just take it easy today, it's sunday rest day. Do some chill stuff around the house, maybe a walk, cook something, or just order some food and chill. Hang in there. We both on the same day sober, we got this!
Old 07-21-2019, 01:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi i feel your pain im just day ahead of you and have felt terrible, if its any consolation i have felt little better everyday, today being a noticeable improvement. Ive still got long way to go but keep going we can do it, i just keep imagining how nice it will be to feel good again
Old 07-21-2019, 01:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Oh wow, good luck with the interview magnum! Let us know how it went?
Yeah, I probably pushed myself too much, did buggar all today lol
Old 07-21-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Tinker, just a day at a time right? Good thing I felt like this on a Sunday and not when I had to go to work. Grateful for the little things that matter
Old 07-21-2019, 01:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nightshade131 View Post
Thanks Tinker, just a day at a time right? Good thing I felt like this on a Sunday and not when I had to go to work. Grateful for the little things that matter
It is normal that you will feel bad at day 4 if you been drinking long and hard. Just remember to try to keep busy to take your mind off of things and to have people on hand to talk to. Being left alone with your own thoughts during this time is the worst thing that you can go through, call someone if you have to.
You will get there.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:48 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Definitely long and hard John, went from wine then switched to vodka cos I thought it would 'smell less' and got drunk quicker - dumb now I think about it.
Glad to hear it's pretty normal though
Old 07-21-2019, 02:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Congratulations on 4 days nightshade! Keep pushing through, it will get better - poisoning our bodies for a considerable period of time does mean that it takes a while for our bodies to recover and adapt to the new normal but it will happen.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck with the interview magnum102!
Old 07-21-2019, 11:51 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by saoutchik View Post
Good luck with the interview magnum102!
thanks not gonna lie, crossed my mind to take a couple shots before because im super broke so its really important i get this and its making me nervous. I decided ill just go for a run before to calm my nerves instead. Hope I have the same attitude in the morning.