Notices

Day 18 - Fatigue

Old 07-20-2019, 02:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 18 - Fatigue

Hi everyone, day 18.
Aside from going TT there's been a fair amount of mental stress in my life recently, however I've been experiencing pretty extreme fatigue this past week. I could sleep and sleep and sleep. Is this normal for my stage in sobriety? I'm starting to worry maybe it's something else. I guess the obvious answer is to go and see my doctor but I thought I'd ask all the same. Thanks
Old 07-20-2019, 04:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi bod. It ll pass eventually. Body is just recovering. Im on day 71 and still have it , On a previous attempt it was after 6 months before it went. Patience is all that's needed.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am on day 71 as well and while I still get it it to a certain extent it is 1/5 the amount i was getting when on day 18. Keeps getting better but it does take time. Seems to come in waves with energy levels getting higher and higher at each dip
Old 07-20-2019, 04:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Without giving medical advice, you should see your doctor, but yes fatigue is common. Many reasons, low B12, malnutrition, the body healing, a bit of depression over quitting, anxiety. Once it passes, sleep becomes amazing and restorative and wonderful.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

18 days is great 🙂
I was tired, still get tired at 82 days but now manage to stop up past 10pm some nights 😂Eat healthily and see a doctor if you're concerned,
Keep going
Old 07-20-2019, 05:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Totally normal it did not take your body 18 days to get to this beaten down state....and 18 days away from alcohol doesn't fix everything...it takes TIME..

In AA they call TIME the four letter word in sobriety.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. It does make sense I guess it was just a bit of a surprise. I usually struggle with sleep (obviously a lot of that can be attributed to alcohol) but right now I'm like a cat. It's nice but just wasn't expecting it I guess. I dream loads so at least that part of it's entertaining. Feeling great mood wise, really positive. I've been listening to loads of AA talks online and have my second meeting tomorrow. I'm starting to remember the happiness I felt in simple things when I was sober for long periods of time before. A craft or wood fair, small music festivals, farmers markets, antique hunting, visiting historical sites, museums or art exhibitions. Everything has a shine to it today and I feel like life has started over for me again. Early days so I won;t get too complacent but when it feels good I'm going to embrace it.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good morning . yes its the norm for most folks its ypur body getting tired from fixing itself. Once that cycle is done you will be amazed how much energy you will have I am on day 77. Keep coming back
Old 07-20-2019, 06:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Very normal - have you looked at the book Living Sober? An easy read and avail on Amazon. About the first year of sobriety.

18 days is awesome and super early. A whole variety of physical things are happening as your body adjusts to life w/o alcohol- which is a huge change.

Keep going.
Old 07-20-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Very commonplace. We can really underestimate the damage we do to mind and body....but it will repair

D