Notices

Fall

Old 07-18-2019, 05:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fall

Good morning all day 75 today. Last night went well with work. Weather was hot so I decided to ride my bike to work. Well as I was leaving to come home my lunch bag swung around me and hit the handle bars and bam on the concrete nice. Good thing I wasnt in motion per se fell in the lot caught myself but my wrist are sore. So just like I am started doing research on to heal or treat. So I will be okay. So up rhis morning and again read something that got my interest. And reads lets invite a little true a anarchy into your sobriety. Be revolutionary in your unwillingness to submit to its authority. Remind yourself the second you have that drink, you are handing your powerover to something much more sinister than a local cop or district attorney. You are handing power to your disease. And your disease will do way worse to you than give you a fine or lock you up. Your disease wants you DEAD. .........for me that's a good enough reason for me to follow the rules. How about you?........keep coming back.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hope your wrists feel better soon! Thanks for sharing your daily reading with us - good food for thought.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope your wrist feels better soon.
Old 07-18-2019, 09:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks you all. Wrist is tender. But just like an addict I still need my SB fix. So I still use my hand sore and all to get it. Lol
Old 07-18-2019, 09:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi SoberRican, if you can get it try Arnica Oil - it's great for bruising and sprains and quickens the healing process :-)
Old 07-18-2019, 05:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope it's not a lasting injury SoberRican - congrats upon 75 days

D
Old 07-18-2019, 07:09 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

OMG..you are lucky you didn't break anything and have to be out of WORK that would be so depressing and how is that job going?
Old 07-18-2019, 07:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey, SoberRican--great job on 75 days, and I hope you will heal quickly. I don't own a car, so I get around via bike and have had my share of spills as well. Luckily a perk of my pet/house sitting gig for the past two weeks is being able to use my client's car; it's been beastly hot and I am getting very spoiled!
Old 07-18-2019, 09:58 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Good evening on this hot muggy night. Boy is it ever. Pose to be a scorcher next few days. So hydrate . h20 . anyways my wrist is okayish has a bandage wrapped around it. Couple otc pain killers and some water and good to go. The job is doing well. Last day of training Tommorow and on my own. Plus starting my new shift of 7 pm to 7 am. . its all good . I have been blessed double whammy sobriety . a job. Super sweet. And a good paying job to boot. You all stay cool. Me I'm outside in garage cause I dont smoke in house. The hot weather I am used to. Being I'm from a tropical island. Looks like day 76 is around the corner. How bout it. I'm just in awe.
Old 07-18-2019, 10:13 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on 75 days, wishing you speedy healing.