Notices

WHAT month is it?!

Old 07-18-2019, 02:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Karate girl

WHAT month is it?!

I'm sick. And the best part is, we leave for vacation on Saturday. My parents leave tomorrow and they are taking my 12 year old and her best friend. On Saturday, my fiancee, myself, my 10 year old daughter and 8 year old son leave. We are all going to meet up in Alabama at my sister's house and then on Monday we're driving to Destin, Florida. My sister just had a baby and I am devastated I won't be able to hold my new niece because I appear to have a cold (could be allergies, but not going to risk it). It's JULY....not January! I am so upset I'm sick during the summer. This hasn't happened since my girls were really little and brought every virus under the sun home from the pool. Ugh. This seriously sucks!
Old 07-18-2019, 03:14 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry you are sick. Sounds like you have a pretty good relationship with your family. Can you tell us what you are grateful for this summer?
Old 07-18-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Karate girl

Originally Posted by AAPJ View Post
Can you tell us what you are grateful for this summer?
I've had a rough summer. So far I've had two job interviews, but no job. At this point, I have left teaching and am picking up some accounting classes to switch careers. There are no biology jobs available. We signed a contract to build a house this past weekend and I am scared to death. This has been my dream, but the house is almost $500,000 when all is said and done. Because I don't have a job right now, we are trying to do this on a police salary alone because he is law enforcement. It's not looking good. I am grateful for my kids, fiancee and my dog. They have been my saving grace.
Old 07-18-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

No worries everything happens for a reason. Have Faith things will work out. Keep coming back.
Old 07-18-2019, 07:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Summer colds stink!! It sounds like you have a lovely vacation lined up and that you get to meet a cute, squishy new baby!!

Maybe you’ll get a ton of sleep during your travels and feel fabulous when you get to Florida! Enjoy your trip.
Old 07-18-2019, 08:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I hope you feel better quickly!

Not that it's any of my business, but do you think spending $500k on a police salary is a wise thing? Can you hold off until you see what kind of employment you end up with?? Wowza....

Have a great trip!!!
Old 07-18-2019, 05:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hope you feel better soon StrengthNMe

D