Notices

Good morning day 12

Old 07-15-2019, 02:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Good morning day 12

Hi y'all! Woke up to day 12 this morning! I couldn't be more proud of myself. This weekend was hard dealing with cravings, but Hubby kept me busy, so that was good. I got on here Saturday morning and quickly became triggered....threw me for a loop. Hence why I didn't post all weekend. Has anyone else experienced this? Just found it strange that the place I enjoy/need the most triggered me. Almost became panicked! Felt better today and didn't feel the triggers....Have a fantastic sober day everyone!
Old 07-15-2019, 03:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 12.
Old 07-15-2019, 04:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day 12 is massive, well done. Another 2 under your belt and you'll have a whole fortnight. You can do this. xx
Old 07-15-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job. 😁
Old 07-15-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You sound great...sounds like the blanket of depression and fear is lifting....When you are "in it" you feel like it is never going to lift and you will be like that forever without booze.

I always look back on my posts from when I began being sober till now and I am always grateful I am staying sober.

Hope you have a blessed day.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:24 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I’m behind you, but hoping for the same result!
Old 07-15-2019, 11:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I was thinking about you Braebear! Since you didn't post I was hoping all was well. Glad it is.

Congrats on 12 days! Soon you'll have a full two weeks and then you're halfway to a month!
Old 07-15-2019, 11:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

braebear, this site has some really difficult subject matter that comes up on a regular basis and I can get triggered emotionally on a lot of different subjects.

I have so far not drank because of what is written on this site, but I used to be really angry on another site I frequented. SR (this site) is really well-moderated, but there can still be some upsetting posts. I've found it's best to not reply to them and not get involved in their drama(s) if they are upsetting to me. But yeah, this site can trigger all kinds of thoughts.

Well done in recognizing that and moving forward sober.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great job braebear!!

And I know that "happy" "good" or such could be as jolting as the bad. I don't believe in triggers so learning to handle and put aside the negative that comes up (or the wistfulness for xyz) was a learned thing.

Hope you post here when you are down, as well as feeling good- we are here to listen to all of it
Old 07-15-2019, 04:34 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Braebear - if you can't use the ignore function

Ignore bothersome members. If there is someone on the forum that bothers you, select the Ignore option on the drop down menu under their name on the post. You won't see any posts from this member again.
you 're always welcome to PM me or Anna or any of the other mods if you have a problem with a post or a poster, and we;ll do our best to solve the problem or at least talk it out.

We want SR to be accessible and welcoming to everyone.

Be aware tho that our inner addict loves to separate us from our support, and get us alone.

Support is strength

Congrats on day 12

D