Notices

I'm Sorry

Old 07-14-2019, 04:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm Sorry

I was negative in the past and pretty much rude.
It's because I just get tired and need a place to vent - anonymously. Staying sober is hard. It's more than easy to just stop at the liquor store on my way home from work and hide it from everyone.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome back TWTOM

It's more than easy to just stop at the liquor store on my way home from work and hide it from everyone.
I used to rationalise it like that too but the reality is once I opened the bottle I opened a pandoras box of problems and consequences, not to mention my own self hatred fears and resentments.

The easiest easy - although it might seem counter intuitive sometimes - is to stay in recovery - stay sober.

as for the venting, venting is fine, as long at is not at other folks

D
Old 07-14-2019, 04:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey no need to apologize. At least not in my opinion. Its not uncommon to use the internet as a vent resource. A place we'd say the things we don't give voice to in real life.

That being said, staying sober is hard. But taking on the problems of the world, or getting very sensitive and reactive to everything perceived in the media, or government, or the environment, or global suffering or on and on. That only feeds the addiction when it is done in a 'I'm powerless' 'everyone is suffering' 'big business is eating our brains' kinda way.

I am staying at my parents house right now with my brother who is, ehem, a bit dysfunctional. And he gets sooooo worked up about everything political, big business, media, health care, rich people...yadda yadda. As he sits here in one of the wealthiest places in the world, for FREE. Yeah.

Put your own oxygen mask on first. Take care of you. Your actions, your feelings, your reactions. That makes the not drinking thing a whole heck of a lot easier. Then some day, when you're a whole lot healthier, you can go out and take care of the ills of the world.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you’re back and okay ❤️
Old 07-14-2019, 04:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

It was easy when I was drinking to find the negative in everything. It took me a few months sober to start feeling happier.

I felt badly for you as I know that feeling of despair. It gets overwhelming and self-perpetuating.

Stay sober, it will get better. If you want to vent, you can PM me if you like.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:30 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep going, TWTOM. Feelings of alllllll kinds came out for me for a long time, and addressing the negative stuff was and is part of my program.

Dee and least said it right- staying sober becomes the way easier way to live.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Alcoholism is a nasty disease. You think you're in the clear and then your brain plays tricks on you.
Old 07-14-2019, 04:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

No need my brother. Its all good. Better to vent sober feel me. Take it one day at a time . thats it. Works for me....
Old 07-14-2019, 06:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

my view is our emotions etc..that we can't share with others? That is what these forums are for....I personally am never offended...neither do I hold back how I am feeling....

I don't judge others..because I don't like to be judged....

Sometimes we will get judgement but in the scheme of things...it really doesn't matter....what matters is doing whatever it takes and whatever works to keep me (and you) sober for one day.

Its frustrating when you can't stop drinking or stopping at the liquor store..I remember saying all day I wasnt drinking then automatically my car pulled in the liquor store...its maddening...

I know what you are going thru and I feel your pain....just do the best you can for yourself on a daily basis...possibly one day your mind and body will cooperate with what you really want....just don't stop trying.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
Alcoholism is a nasty disease. You think you're in the clear and then your brain plays tricks on you.
Not only nasty, deadly if you aren't careful.

For me that was part of the problem for years - i did not take it seriously enough. Only when I started treating my addiction like my life depended on it ( which it did! ) was I able to make headway.

Your addiction can only sneak up on you or surprise you if you are not prepared. Make a plan and adjust it every day until it's ironclad. It will not be easy, but then again most things worth having in life are not.
Old 07-14-2019, 07:26 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I'm really glad you're okay.
Old 07-15-2019, 02:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ThatWasTheOldMe View Post
I was negative in the past and pretty much rude.
It's because I just get tired and need a place to vent - anonymously. Staying sober is hard. It's more than easy to just stop at the liquor store on my way home from work and hide it from everyone.
staying sober is NOT hard.
getting sober is.
stopping at the liquor store is NOT easy.
theres a lot more reasons for why youre restless,irritable, and discontent- tired is only an excuse.

twtom, my ex fiance had heard,"im sorry" so many times from that she started replying with ," youre ******* right youre sorry."
want to stop? then start changing you. theres help to learn how to do that.