Signs their getting worse..

Old 07-14-2019, 01:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Signs their getting worse..

Anybody got any clear signs their Ex is getting worse, particularly if you're co-parenting? I've noticed that mine isn't always changing the kids clothes. He dresses like a bum at wkend handovers. Midwk he's in a work uniform so can't really tell.
Our son didn't want to go with him this wkend, which is a first.

EX isn't allowed drink round the kids but I've a feeling he is.

What should I be watching our for?
​​​​​
​​​​​
Old 07-14-2019, 01:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All he going to do is get all defensive if you accuse him. Without actually seeing him booze. Tell signs are keeping a distance when talking so you dont smell him. Or what not. Eventually if he is hardcore will push the envelope and be like cool she couldnt tell I was boozing. Then drink a little more to see if it works cross the line then popped off cause you can't fake being sober if your boozed feel me
Old 07-14-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
All he going to do is get all defensive if you accuse him. Without actually seeing him booze. Tell signs are keeping a distance when talking so you dont smell him. Or what not. Eventually if he is hardcore will push the envelope and be like cool she couldnt tell I was boozing. Then drink a little more to see if it works cross the line then popped off cause you can't fake being sober if your boozed feel me
I've noticed on Sundays he keeps his distance. He'll probably still smell of booze from night before. Its more his body language that gives it away. Unfortunately we don't have soberlink here. Its more.. I know alcohism doesn't plateau so he's gonna get worse. Legally I have to wait for him to neglect/hurt kids until I get sole custody. In the mean time the kids have probably started noticing his change in appearance, self care. He's gone from dad of the year (his brief sobriety stint with AA) to not so bothered. Just want to spot the signs of the next stage.. He's cancelled a few times, work, sickness etc. What's next guys?
Old 07-14-2019, 04:01 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Milano58 View Post
I've noticed on Sundays he keeps his distance. He'll probably still smell of booze from night before. Its more his body language that gives it away. Unfortunately we don't have soberlink here. Its more.. I know alcohism doesn't plateau so he's gonna get worse. Legally I have to wait for him to neglect/hurt kids until I get sole custody. In the mean time the kids have probably started noticing his change in appearance, self care. He's gone from dad of the year (his brief sobriety stint with AA) to not so bothered. Just want to spot the signs of the next stage.. He's cancelled a few times, work, sickness etc. What's next guys?
when my A starting going downhill, he was distant. Then he would overcompensate by doing something over the top for me. There was, in his mind, an unspoken bartering agreement: if you let me drink and say nothing I’ll do allllll this stuff for you!!! He would also get snarky and sarcastic and the drinking would escalate secretly for months until bam!!!! Full out alcoholism. My guess is everyone is different and you know him better than me, but secrecy and meanness....yeah those were always a precursor