Ocean waves

Old 07-14-2019, 06:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ocean waves

I love waking up to the sound of the A vomiting his guts out. Other women wake up in exotic places with the sound of the waves crashing up against the shore, me? I wake up to the sound of vomit. Somethings wrong with this picture.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post
: I wake up to the sound of vomit. Somethings wrong with this picture.
Well, yeah, there is something very wrong with this picture. You already know that this is who he is and that this is what he does, and that as long as you are in his presence, this is what is going to happen.

No one is going to whisk you out of your house and put you somewhere exotic where you hear waves crashing; that's the kind of illusory way of thinking that is keeping you stuck. You are not obligated to endure this pain though. You don't need to stay in your front row seat watching this guy's nonsense, not even temporarily. I think you wrote that the divorce would go through in 3 weeks? Can you stay with a friend? or a motel? or some sort of temporary housing until the divorce goes through? No one is forcing you to stay and be a part of this.....
Old 07-14-2019, 06:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Needabreak View Post
Well, yeah, there is something very wrong with this picture. You already know that this is who he is and that this is what he does, and that as long as you are in his presence, this is what is going to happen.

No one is going to whisk you out of your house and put you somewhere exotic where you hear waves crashing; that's the kind of illusory way of thinking that is keeping you stuck. You are not obligated to endure this pain though. You don't need to stay in your front row seat watching this guy's nonsense, not even for these next 3 weeks. Can you stay with a friend? or a motel? or some sort of temporary housing until the divorce goes through?
yes. I have arrangements
Old 07-14-2019, 06:37 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good, I truly hope that you take advantage of your arrangements, and that you remove yourself from your soon-to-be ex-husband's drama for the next 3 weeks.

btw have you been working on your own recovery in any way? Al-Anon? Therapy? The little snippets you have been posting over the past few days sound horrific, and there is only so much anyone here can do for you other than commiserate.

This might be a good time to start working on yourself and how you want your life to be going forward...
Old 07-14-2019, 06:45 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Needabreak View Post
Good, I truly hope that you take advantage of your arrangements, and that you remove yourself from your soon-to-be ex-husband's drama for the next 3 weeks.

btw have you been working on your own recovery in any way? Al-Anon? Therapy? The little snippets you have been posting over the past few days sound horrific, and there is only so much anyone here can do for you other than commiserate.

This might be a good time to start working on yourself and how you want your life to be going forward...
I am. Doing both. I take full responsibility for my part in the madness, however; I am removing myself off the merry go round. I have family tgat I finally told, and friend support network. I have hobbies, and dreams of traveling that I will begin once this nightmare is over. I’m looking forward to treating myself with all the love and care I put into him. Long time coming.
Old 07-14-2019, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed...we can commiserate...lol...we do that all the time, around here....I trust that you ARE making forward looking plans for yourself (and dog?)…

Question....where would you co nsider exotic, that is within striking range of where you live...?
Maybe, you could plan a trip there, in the future....as a treat for yourself...and, something to look forward to....
(If you can't get to the ocean...maybe a babbling brook would do)…..
Old 07-14-2019, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Dazed...we can commiserate...lol...we do that all the time, around here....I trust that you ARE making forward looking plans for yourself (and dog?)…

Question....where would you co nsider exotic, that is within striking range of where you live...?
Maybe, you could plan a trip there, in the future....as a treat for yourself...and, something to look forward to....
(If you can't get to the ocean...maybe a babbling brook would do)…..
I want to go to Amalfi coast in Italy. 😎
Old 07-14-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Dazed...I understand that the Isle of Capri is near the Amalfi Coast....
Therefore, I dedicate the following song to you...…

https://www.bing.com/search?q=youtub...&setlang=en-US
Old 07-14-2019, 01:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Dazed...I understand that the Isle of Capri is near the Amalfi Coast....
Therefore, I dedicate the following song to you...…

https://www.bing.com/search?q=youtub...&setlang=en-US
dandelion you’re the best! Thank you! ❤️
Old 07-14-2019, 02:00 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hmmm . . . . .maybe next time the A is doing something A-ish, get yourself to the library and check out their materials for studying Italian . . . . .learn how to say, "I need clean towels in my room" in Italian!!!
Old 07-14-2019, 02:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bekindalways View Post
Hmmm . . . . .maybe next time the A is doing something A-ish, get yourself to the library and check out their materials for studying Italian . . . . .learn how to say, "I need clean towels in my room" in Italian!!!
that is funny and a very good idea! I have tossed the idea around about learning Italian...
Old 07-14-2019, 03:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post

that is funny and a very good idea! I have tossed the idea around about learning Italian...
No vomito en toiletio..

Sorry.. I am a European but my Italian is as bad as my Spanish. My EXAH dry retched every morning. Even when he was sober. Still don't know what that was about. I love having the bathroom to myself now.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Milano58 View Post
No vomito en toiletio..

Sorry.. I am a European but my Italian is as bad as my Spanish. My EXAH dry retched every morning. Even when he was sober. Still don't know what that was about. I love having the bathroom to myself now.
lol!!! That’s hilarious!!!
Old 07-14-2019, 04:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Yes....hilarious!!!