Notices

For anyone still drinking

Old 07-13-2019, 08:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

For anyone still drinking

I know that we all think a lot alike.

When I was drinking and reading boards like this...ANY board where someone was talking about sobriety....

I very MUCH resented anyone that was sober...because I just couldn't GET it....

I wanted to not drink...and I could not stop drinking....

It was not my fault...it was the addiction took a hold of me and it did not let go.

Which is why me personally didn't post drunk....

I thought everyone would give me a lecture and lectures were not going to help me.

I really felt like no one understood...

I just want you to know...I'm sure others feel this way too...

I COMPLETELY understand where you are...

AND I believe it is possible for you to get where I am right now...which is very happy with being sober and no cravings....

I got REALLY SICK and REALLY SCARED of dying drinking as much alcohol as I was drinking...and finally....this time when I quit.....I KNEW I was SURE I was not going to drink again.

Time will only tell if it is true that I will not drink....

However, I really think I have received "the gift" of the craving and obsession being removed.

So never give up trying...I thought I was hopeless...never feel alone because you are not alone...there are probably some people posting that are sober that are struggling and may have to go "out" again before they get to the "sick of being sick" point.

I believe if you keep drinking ...the older you get.....the closer you get to being able to quit for good...because it gets real hard feeling sick all the time as we get older...(alcohol kicks older peoples butts).....

So don't give up on yourself....I didn't give up on myself...

I had quit SO MANY times in the last 6 years and couldn't put time behind my quitting....

Finally I do think I am free from alcohol.

Thinking of you tonight....Please know you are not alone.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeah you on point the older we get the worse and harder it is to bounce back. And for what to do it again? Messed up right. I threw my pride out the window and said enough!!! And then just did it. Here I am now at 71 days .....unreal.....but real pinch me am I dreaming ? I share to all what I feel and I want all to feel the same way. Keep coming back
Old 07-14-2019, 02:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
I share to all what I feel and I want all to feel the same way. Keep coming back

Thats what I do....too....thanks...for that.