Notices

Getting out my comfort zone

Old 07-12-2019, 10:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting out my comfort zone

My name is Angel and i been an addict since the age of 15. Being constantly bullied and teased i turned to the wrong crowd for support that i wasn't receiving at home or from school. It started off with alcohol and cigarettes but then it progress to weed then cocaine, crystal and ketamine. 5 years fast forwarded and here i am cleaned from substances. Ive been clean for 5 days and its the most i’ve accomplished in so long. My sobriety date is July 8th 2019 and i thank god for holding my hand through this journey. I never plan on giving up because this feeling is truly amazing. My parents and brother look at me again, they want to conversate with me, they want to be apart of my life again.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome angel

So glad you;'re enjoying recovery
You'll find a lot of support here.

D
Old 07-12-2019, 10:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you! Grateful i am to even be on a forum.. most of my friends never made it to the other end of the tunnel to see the light. Im grabbing my balls and doing what it takes to get clean. I dont want to be another statistic.
Old 07-12-2019, 10:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Angel, I’m so glad you are here. Great job on 5 days! Your story really inspires me
Old 07-12-2019, 11:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

@24violets
Thank you. Thank you! Reading that really makes me feel amazing. The testimony i have is probably the same as other in my shoes. Im really nervous to even be talking about my issue but step one “we admitted that we are powerless over substances (alcohol for my A.A people) and that are lives are unmanageable.”
Old 07-13-2019, 12:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Angel,
I am so happy for youfor you never give up ,no matter an addiction free life is a true life and happiness.
65 days alcohol free here .
If some one can do so why not me ??.I am not a different planet.
Take care
Old 07-13-2019, 01:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Earth Child

Well done angel your doing so well , keep going you can do this
Old 07-13-2019, 02:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey, Angel - glad you found SR Forums and that you are clean & sober today. I know this place has been very instrumental for myself and countless others in both getting clean and staying that way. Best wishes to you moving forward!
Old 07-13-2019, 04:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome my brother. Glad You found your way to the other side. Proud of You. 5 days is great feel me . the one day at a time thing works. Least for me it does. Shoot I'm on day 70 today brah whaaat! Keep coming back
Old 07-13-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I gets considerably more better still. Keep going.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:19 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Your first post. Tugged on my heart strings a bit. Hope seemed to pour from those few sentences. Well done.

Welcome to SR. Read around a bit, you'll find ,like I did, that we are not alone in this.
Old 07-13-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I think you have been "blessed" many people that are addicted to drugs have a harder time quitting than people addicted to alcohol..and many people addicted to drugs..especially young people in my State are dying left and right from drug abuse or some foreign thing in the drugs like fetanyl.

The love and support you are receiving from your family is so helpful.

I'm happy for you that you have maintained being sober for this week...

I have ALWAYS SAID...5 days is WAY HARDER than 1 or 2 or 3...etc years...getting thru the early days...is really an accomplishment.

As time passes and your form new habits...it gets easier.
Happy for you....
Old 07-13-2019, 06:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome Angel.
Old 07-13-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Angel, and congratulations on your recovery.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:20 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thank you all. Waking up to you all replying gives me the ******* hope that i can get more days under my belt. Man i dont know why i feel this fuzzy feeling in me but its putting a smile on my face. A podcast that i’ve been listening to (Recovery Elevator) has helped me out tremendously, although i was a hardcore alcoholic but everything said by Churchill resonates with my drug problems. Waking up, i had a little panic attack. My brain started going off sending signals “when are you going to use” “oh its the weekend lets get ******* wild” but i acknowledged took a deep breath and in my head i said “Lord, please help me as these 20 mins or unmindfulness feel an eternity.” But today will be day six and i asked my uncle if we can go to the mall or get some coffee because i need to be distracted .
Old 07-13-2019, 08:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wow it sensors out my cussing lol i dropped two F bombs
Old 07-13-2019, 08:23 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

PaulSandy and Mr. 305 (SoberRican) way to go on the double digits ! Would you two say that staying sober is easier than trying to get sober? If that makes sense.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:31 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

@misssy2 thank you. Yes fentanyl is probably the most easiest **** to get hooked on. Im really familiar with it since that was the main ingredient to mix with to make crystal. Two of my friends would drink Lean (that liquid heroin) then mix it with crystal and burying them one after the other is probably what still eats me alive. I miss them dearly and they will never see me breaking the chain and getting cleaned up. But, my family will which is the most important. They said the first two weeks of sobriety is difficult but i will get past it. Im desperate for sobriety and like back then how i would do anything to get my fix. Its the same mentality for me getting sober. I hope im making sense .
Old 07-13-2019, 08:34 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

@finalround thank you partner. Im looking at the forums and im at aw with the wisdom filled in the threads. This is where i belong, i was always just looking in the wrong rabbit holes. Hope to hear more from you ☝🏽 like addicts, cowboys as well stick together !
Old 07-13-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

And to the others that posted on the forum, i thank you as well. You will hear more from me and this journey as days go by. Thank you lord for the internet haha. CHEERS !