I never got a DUI doing downward dog..

Old 07-11-2019, 11:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I never got a DUI doing downward dog..

Sometimes a piece of conversation comes back to me. While my EXAH was trying to convince me to let him drink again, his argument was that I was asking him to quit doing something forever (he wanted to continue drinking.. He wasn't trying to recover). He said it would be like him asking me never to do yoga again.

I was so dumbfounded by his insane logic I couldn't respond.

Yoga is healthy... Its not a poison. I've never been arrested, removed, barred, lost relationships for any of my poses.

If somehow I lost my kids due to child pose I would of course drop it like the sham it is to be a full time mother. Nothing gets between me and my kids.. Even in la la land where meditation and mind healing is now a family disease.

At the time I did mention that downward dog never got me a DUI and he quickly moved onto my jogging. Again.. For everyone trying to understand alcoholics logic. There is none.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Since alcoholics and addicts seem to lack impulse control logic like this never ceases to amaze me. To me it's just another rationalization of some kind. This kind of logic is probably what got them into trouble in the first place. Can't blame everything on the chemicals.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:44 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

If somehow I lost my kids due to child pose

Knowing my own truth helps me trust in the healing process. FOO I've been in No Contact with told lies that resulted in my son being removed from my care by a CPS agent who was fooled by their fake "charm" "caring" and outrageous false statements.

Instead of changing myself to fit the mold people with toxic agendas have, I'm finding peace, tranquility, strength, resiliency and relaxation with who I am as a person. Kind, warrior, mama bear, protect child in whatever ways needed, and somehow (totally illogically!) this CPS case has provided me with much strength and many tools I didn't realize I had, in order to do this.

Yesterday, when I had time with DS12 after a therapy session we had together -- finally now having therapy and being allowed to talk about the CPS case, slowly over the past few weeks -- I let him know again that I'm fighting for him. He told me, "Fight harder, Mom".

And I am. With kindness, prayer and *******a whole lot more!*******

Good luck with allowing your truth to shine in all you do.

Old 07-11-2019, 12:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Those are some pretty stellar quacks
Old 07-11-2019, 01:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My XAH used to compare my love for chocolate with his love for alcohol. Equally bad, in his eyes. Of course, I was never arrested for driving while eating chocolate.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When they are deep in the throughs of addiction, not drinking is like not breathing.

"I was so dumbfounded by his insane logic I couldn't respond."

I get it!!!! And you know, even if you had responded, it wouldn't have made a lick of difference in his decision to continue to drink.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Milano.......maybe you aren't doing it right...…………...lol, lol,lol…...
Old 07-11-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

SIX year-olds use the same debate strategy:

I know you are but what am I???
Old 07-11-2019, 02:03 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

Milano,

Warrior strength, inner child self care.

Yoga International

YOGA | PRACTICE

3 VARIATIONS TO TRY WHEN CHILD’S POSE DOESN’T FEEL LIKE A RESTING POSE
by Kathryn Ashworth

Well-balanced yoga classes always provide opportunities to rest and re-set so that we, the practitioners, can assimilate the more challenging aspects of practice. But what if the poses that are intended to be relaxing aren’t, well, all that relaxing?

Despite how “gentle” an asana might seem, it can still be uncomfortable. When “grin and bear it” replaces “relax and breathe,” it’s easy to question our abilities, even our capacity to relax. But asanas, in and of themselves, are not inherently relaxing, simple, or easy—asanas are not inherently anything; how we approach them, what we bring to them, is what makes them whatever they are.
This is a new variation for me:

Old 07-11-2019, 02:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Old 07-11-2019, 03:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Being an EX boozer . that doesnt surprise me as to his logic. If that's what you want to call it. Do you. Let him figure it out
Old 07-11-2019, 08:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My ex used to compare his addiction to my love of food. I tried explaining that food doesn't cause me to harm others. He had no understanding or couldn't get it.
Old 07-11-2019, 10:46 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post
Milano.......maybe you aren't doing it right...…………...lol, lol,lol…...
I know.. I feel like I should try somehow. I could try doing yoga in the park nude. Might get arrested for that.. I'm so pale my naked flesh could potentially blind somebody... Assault?
Old 07-11-2019, 11:39 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Isn't the actual issue here that if HE wanted to drink it was HIS decision and HE then has to take HIS consequences.

If he was asking you for permission, he was putting responsibility on YOU.

Zero ownership and blame shifting by the addict is always their goal.
Old 07-12-2019, 04:01 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I am so glad for you when I read "EX" AH! Now you can reflect on the insanity from a much better place and it really is insane. Your post put a smile on my face this morning. "If somehow I lost my kids due to child pose I would of course drop it like the sham it is to be a full time mother"
Old 07-12-2019, 06:26 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

For everyone trying to understand alcoholics logic. There is none.

i disagree- there was logic for every action i ever made when i was drinkin.
then i got sober.
turned out what i thought was logic was nutso bonkers insane thinking-ANYTHING to justify,rationalize, and normalize nutso bonkers insane thinking.
Old 07-12-2019, 09:21 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Quack, quack, quackity, quack, quack!!!

Tune it out, it's complete BS