Notices

Day 7..Good Morning

Old 07-10-2019, 03:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 7..Good Morning

I am struggling today. I don't really want to drink, I am just having a hard morning. I am in a fog, can't focus, and I feel like crap. I don't get it...cravings are nil, and I am celebrating day 7. Then why do I feel like this? Is this normal, per say? Every other day, I would be well on my morning walk with my pup, but not this morning. Poor guy is sitting there looking at me like I've failed him. Which isn't helping. I think the biggest thing is that I miss my old days...would of been 3 or 4 beers in by now. I miss drinking. How pathetic. I'm conflicted. I don't WANT to drink, so how can you miss something you don't want?I am sleeping SO much better and my appetite is back. Don't worry, I WILL NOT DRINK, but just having the blah's today. Any tips anyone?
Old 07-10-2019, 03:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're like me you drank for years braebear - a week is great but you're probably going to feel foggy headed and not terribly great from time to time as your mind and body heals.

Its not forever and it will get better - you're on the right road

D
Old 07-10-2019, 04:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

A week is awesome! And like Dee said, sounds like you are going thru what most of us do....we would all love to be.better.now but as the saying goes in AA (which annoyed me terribly at first) "time takes time."

Being easy on myself on tough days was and IS important. Breathing is also something I often "forget" when stressed- literally, I don't realize I am holding my breath. Consciously working on catching that

Like we've talked about on your other up and down days and moments- take this day in as small of an increment as you need.

You can do this. Things DO even out and we also learn how to deal with the up and down so much better. It took a good while for that to happen for me consistently- I often say that it was around 100 days that everything took a big step forward...."it" gets better before that for sure- but we have a lot of healing to do in every way.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds par for the course. I would say you need to stay sober for at least 30 days before you really start feeling “normal” again. Ups and downs are natural. Emotions are all over the place when you quit because there’s no depressant in your system.

Acknowledge the feelings and and move forward and do something else. Doesn’t have to be a lot, but don’t dwell on drinking and romanticize it. It’s just your AV talking.

Congrats on a week! You’re doing great. Keep posting.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks y'all! The weird thing is, I'm not THINKING of drinking in a real time manner, if that makes sense. It actually repulses me. It's just I'm dwelling on the drinking days and how much I miss "that normal". Normal for 14 years. Guess sobriety and all that comes with it is like learning to ride a bike again....
Old 07-10-2019, 05:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Basically your mind is trying to reprogram itself. It was used to the booze. Now its not there. Each day dry will make things better.
Old 07-10-2019, 01:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
AA Member

grats on 7 days!
Old 07-10-2019, 01:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Well done on reaching 7 days! I felt very tired & disoriented in the beginning, but everything got better rather quickly.
Old 07-10-2019, 04:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

post lots, join different threads

support to you
Old 07-10-2019, 06:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It took me 2 weeks to feel normal...this time. I hope you got thru the day...you have to stay busy...eat ...healthy or NOT HEALTHY...JUST EAT...

Worry about yourself #1....then the pup....