Notices

61 days -no craving.

Old 07-08-2019, 08:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

61 days -no craving.

Hi all,
I am here to share my situation as I feel this as a family .
A member of family I would like you to share my insight.
I am able to manage my day to day routine life however still worried what would happen if I was in a new environment and alone.Suppose I am travelling a long way and there is no one to talk and spend the time.
Silly I am ,I can't live in the future .Present is not a struggle .Just thinking how to manage a new circumstances .
Take care !
Old 07-08-2019, 08:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

As an anxiety sufferer I can understand very well the struggle between planning for the future and obsessing over it ;-) I think in general it's a good thing that you want to plan ahead in regards to your sobriety. For one thing, SR is always here and you can bring us with you wherever you go. I leaned heavily on this forum early on when I was travelling for work or pleasure as my "safe" place if i needed it. I still do to be honest.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
AA Member

nice job!

heres a chip

Old 07-08-2019, 11:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by january161992 View Post
nice job!

heres a chip

Many thanks ,Love it and feel I am honoured for my good Job !!
Old 07-08-2019, 11:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
As an anxiety sufferer I can understand very well the struggle between planning for the future and obsessing over it ;-) I think in general it's a good thing that you want to plan ahead in regards to your sobriety. For one thing, SR is always here and you can bring us with you wherever you go. I leaned heavily on this forum early on when I was travelling for work or pleasure as my "safe" place if i needed it. I still do to be honest.
Thank you scott for your insights and experiences that would help me. For me people who think a lot in different aspects.
1. People who have fears think for survival and most of thoughts are focused in negative aspects.
2. People who want to be a change ,think a lot but their focus will be on positive productive aspects.

Myself I want to be a change but with lots of fears .
Anyway I am aware of these means my thoughts at least do not harm me badly.
take care !
Old 07-09-2019, 12:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 61 days

if it helps most of the situations I worried about ahead were nowhere near as difficult as I thought they might be.

My recovery is, and needs to be, non conditional on where I am who I'm with or how I feel

D
Old 07-09-2019, 12:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Dee ,
Trying to be non judgemental.No mater what I am unique and not perfect.I am human being and not God. I love and appreciate my life and recovery will be stronger.
Take care
Old 07-09-2019, 12:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

62 days cool !!
Old 07-09-2019, 03:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Good news on 62 days, something I only managed on one occasion when I was still searching for the solution. In my various run ups to that goal, sometimes hitting two weeks, sometimes a bit more, I don't recall ever having a craving. Instead I was rocking along not drinking, and then I was on my third drink wondering how it happened. I got no warning, I didn't see it coming.

Looking back now, I didn't really understand what it meant to be alcoholic. Anyways, things got as bad as they could get and I committed to a new way of living. Still no cravings 39 years later, and that "out of the blue" experience simply stopped happening.
Old 07-09-2019, 08:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great job on your days paulsandy!

Really echo what Gottalife said. 1234 days and no cravings. Pretty much via the same path Mike took and keeps on.

Forgive me if I have missed you sharing this, but what are you doing for staying sober? Turning to my program is always the solution to anything that is bothering me, making me anxious, angry, anything. It's always there, no matter where I am or what I am doing.