Notices

Another reason to stay sober

Old 07-07-2019, 06:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another reason to stay sober

Even if you don't try, your productivity will skyrocket after you stop drinking. It'll just...happen. Rooms will get cleaned. Garages. Clothes washed. Maintenance. You'll start writing that book you always had in you. You'll dance. Martial arts. I'm not saying sobriety just happens, it doesn't. It takes a herculean effort. But quit drinking and watch how much stuff you get done--without trying hard.
Old 07-07-2019, 06:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know thats real!!!!
Old 07-07-2019, 06:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh this gives me hope!
Old 07-07-2019, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

My external world got better every time I stopped. It had to. The stopping drinking took the immediate heat out of the situation. I could turn up for work more often so they got off my back. I was home more, so they got off my back. I didn't come to the attention of the police so that hassle was removed. My financial situation began to improve so the bank left me alone. I was more available to my girlfriend so she stopped nagging. My external world improved out of sight.

But after a time, the internal condition started to get to me. My internal world began to fall apart. The external improvements failed to compensate. I became resentful, unhappy. I didn't seem to be able to get on in the world. Life's terms did not suit me. Now what was it that made all that go away? What was the one thing I knew would bring some fun into my life?
Old 07-07-2019, 06:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for this post. I've seen the same happen. I've also witnessed it come to a screeching halt once I pick up. It's so much better sober.
Had an incredibly productive day today and I'm back on day 3. All the crap I put off doing the past month of drinking I did in one day. Imagine what I can do with 2?
Old 07-08-2019, 04:20 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep coming back.