Notices

Doctor today

Old 07-05-2019, 07:39 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Doctor today

So i have my follow on appointment today at 4.10 . It's the follow up appointment from the psychiatrist. Been over a week now, so I've
been researching and gathering information to hit all this head on, and to help myself on the way.
I'm a little anxious but in a good way, I know that everything is there to help me. Ill fill you in when I get back
Doris x
Old 07-05-2019, 11:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good luck today Doris!
Old 07-05-2019, 11:22 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope it goes well, Doris.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

How goes it, mi little twilight sparkle?
Hope it went well.
Old 07-05-2019, 12:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

All went really well, I couldn't be more satisfied with the progress so far.
My doctor has signed me off work for 5 weeks untill my medication stabilizes , it's all in hand with the talking therapy etc
I'm reducing one medication whilst taking a new one, so it's all going the right way so far.
Doris xx
Old 07-05-2019, 12:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Sounds like you made a great move towards fixing yourself.
Well done Doris, proud of you ��
Or more to the point you should be proud of yourself.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations, I got an appointment made today and in 10 days I go. I cannot wait to get help. I won’t be able to get medication until August but at least talking to a counselor may help. I’m so ready to get to the root of my problems. Be proud you are taking steps to get help.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm glad you were happy with the visit! Everything sounds positive.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:17 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doris47 View Post
All went really well, I couldn't be more satisfied with the progress so far.
My doctor has signed me off work for 5 weeks untill my medication stabilizes , it's all in hand with the talking therapy etc
I'm reducing one medication whilst taking a new one, so it's all going the right way so far.
Doris xx
Glad it went well. I had to take time from my work for the first few weeks when I got serious about my recovery. I understand some can't,but it really was very helpful to be 100% focused. I would have ended up losing everything eventually anyways,with my continued drinking. Keep focused and use the time wisely.
Old 07-05-2019, 03:32 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

So happy to hear all went well. Keep doing the work!!
Old 07-05-2019, 05:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Best wishes

D
Old 07-05-2019, 06:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Are you okay with the 5 weeks out of work? In my early sobriety years ago I was afraid to take time off from work (too much time on my hands is BAD).

If your ok with it...than that is a good thing...I just got startled when I saw you were going to have 5 weeks off from work....
Old 07-05-2019, 11:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Misssy2 View Post
Are you okay with the 5 weeks out of work? In my early sobriety years ago I was afraid to take time off from work (too much time on my hands is BAD).

If your ok with it...than that is a good thing...I just got startled when I saw you were going to have 5 weeks off from work....
Normally it would of scared me, but the new medication is quite strong as in falling asleep etc.
I have a brilliant support network around me that know of all my struggles, bless them they have all said that they are going to be coming round,phoning and taking me out. I also have you guys and a mental health team I can rely on. This is my chance to finally get and put everything in place that I need. My doctor has also said to phone her anytime an she will see me. I'm feeling really really positive. I can do this, and I will.
I've said I will work this weekend whilst they arrange cover whilst I'm off . I don't need to worry about finance as I will be getting full pay. So all in all, all I need to do is reach out, focus, repeat 😃
Much love to everyone that struggles
Doris 🙏💖
Old 07-05-2019, 11:46 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Snowydelrico View Post
Sounds like you made a great move towards fixing yourself.
Well done Doris, proud of you ��
Or more to the point you should be proud of yourself.
High five me ole china, let's do this 😃
Old 07-05-2019, 11:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mariposa View Post
Congratulations, I got an appointment made today and in 10 days I go. I cannot wait to get help. I won’t be able to get medication until August but at least talking to a counselor may help. I’m so ready to get to the root of my problems. Be proud you are taking steps to get help.
It's the best thing you can do to help yourself, I've struggled many years, and it's been an emotional few weeks talking about personal stuff, BUT I now am moving forward, I really hope that you find some closure or at least help in moving forward. Best of luck 😃 you can message me anytime if you need to talk xxxx
Old 07-05-2019, 11:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much, I'm gonna be around quite a lot in the next few weeks. Xxx
Old 07-06-2019, 12:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Good to hear everything went well. It's also good when you have a supportive GP / Doctor and yours does sound very supportive.
Old 07-06-2019, 07:29 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Doris47 View Post
Normally it would of scared me, but the new medication is quite strong as in falling asleep etc.
I have a brilliant support network around me that know of all my struggles, bless them they have all said that they are going to be coming round,phoning and taking me out. I also have you guys and a mental health team I can rely on. This is my chance to finally get and put everything in place that I need. My doctor has also said to phone her anytime an she will see me. I'm feeling really really positive. I can do this, and I will.
I've said I will work this weekend whilst they arrange cover whilst I'm off . I don't need to worry about finance as I will be getting full pay. So all in all, all I need to do is reach out, focus, repeat 😃
Much love to everyone that struggles
Doris 🙏💖
I quoted all of this because it is amazing!!! So proud of you Doris. I took a very similar path as you are forging with the 5-6 wks not working, amazing and available psych (one time I had to go in and sit on the floor and us count out my pills because I got confused and wasn't sure I was taking them correctly when and all).

Keep it up!!!!
Old 07-06-2019, 08:45 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by August252015 View Post
I quoted all of this because it is amazing!!! So proud of you Doris. I took a very similar path as you are forging with the 5-6 wks not working, amazing and available psych (one time I had to go in and sit on the floor and us count out my pills because I got confused and wasn't sure I was taking them correctly when and all).

Keep it up!!!!
Thank you 😊 she's written out what pills I'm taking an when lol. At week 5 of my new meds I'm up to 10 tablets, which is quite a lot but I'm sure they know what they are doing. It's all trial an error for a bit. I've made charts, got a book to write in, I'm already worn out lol. But it's all towards one goal of being the best I can. Much love to you. And thank you xx