Notices

Hey Y'all

Old 07-04-2019, 07:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey Y'all

Today is my day one. I am determined to kick this now. Tired of being tired. Alcohol is killing me and I feel it. And I will be on here ALOT, as I really don't have much of a support system here at home. My husband thinks that because his Dad decided one day to quit smoking, that I can just stop drinking. I've tried to educate him on alcoholism, but he thinks it's just a made up disease, so, yea, not much help there. BUT, I am going to give this my best shot. I'm taking the day to try to make a plan for my days.....what did you all do differently in your early days? I have a back injury and do not work, so I basically sit all day and Facebook or Netflix. I need to add things to my days to keep my mind off of drinking. I am gonna start taking early morning walks with my pup, so that is something. And I'll keep on here....today is MY Independence Day!!!!
Old 07-04-2019, 07:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome braebear! You will find lots of support here.
Congrats on your decision and on day 1.
Do you like to read?
How about some gentle stretching exercises (lots of good online resources for home exercise, free and paid).
Walking and pups always my go to as well.
Lots of water and other fluids will help.
Get medical help if needed.
Happy Independence Day.
Old 07-04-2019, 08:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Hi Braebear!

I'm glad to see that little green dot, which means you're still logged on. I hope you read around and post often!

Here's a couple good threads to join:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post7219905 (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 448)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post7219984
Old 07-04-2019, 08:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey back
And welcome. I'm glad you've found us. You've found a great place for support, so post away. There's always someone here who understands.
Happy Independence day.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi braebear! You sound somewhat like my husband - - he had back surgery a few months ago and also just quit drinking. (3 weeks today, yay!) The first few days were mainly occupied with the physical things that happen during withdrawal: nausea, shaking, night sweats, sleeping. Slowly, but surely he's been working on regaining the strength he lost from being so sedentary....walking, using a resistance band, light weights....nothing crazy. I've seen him go from being winded from just walking to the restroom to doing the dishes at night and helping around the house.

Light housework may be helpful in keeping your mind off the drink. I like to set a kitchen timer for 5 minutes and it's remarkable what can get done in that time. It gives you something to focus your energy on, and then there's the added benefit of being proud of accomplishing something. Welcome to SR!!! Look forward to seeing you around here!
Old 07-04-2019, 10:11 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA Member

Originally Posted by braebear View Post
so I basically sit all day and Facebook or Netflix. I need to add things to my days to keep my mind off of drinking.
thats why going to meetings has been so important for me

Old 07-04-2019, 04:10 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

you can do it braebear

D
Old 07-04-2019, 07:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey braebear! Happy you are celebrating Independence Day sober. What a great day to start.