Moodiness

Old 07-03-2019, 02:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Moodiness

I went away for the week last week, just me and my dog as usual. I skyped AH every night and he was as jolly as jolly can be. Laughing at nothing...positive outlook etc.

l came home Monday...Monday night he sat there quiet and hardly speaking..looking like he had the worries of the world. I asked if he was ok he said yes but obviously wasnt.
same behaviour on Tuesday and Wednesday and then tonight l went up and put my arm around him and asked if he was really ok..."Yes" l asked if anything was worrying him and he shouted " IVE TOLD YOU! STOP GOING ON ABOUT IT...IM OK"

Nothing mentioned about drink...but the restrictions of me being around every evening are obviously raining on his parade after a week of freedom (for him and for me).
Old 07-03-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hmmmm. Veeery interesting. My ex.boozer senses , sense something. ........ Listen to your but.
Old 07-03-2019, 02:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sorry gut
Old 07-03-2019, 03:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Hmmmm. Veeery interesting. My ex.boozer senses , sense something. ........ Listen to your but.
Oh l know he has a drink problem...been through all the hiding it...lying...denial
Old 07-03-2019, 03:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberRican View Post
Sorry gut
lol...there was l listening to my but
Old 07-03-2019, 03:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Awal…..yep...anyone who comes between the alcoholic and the drink is seen as the "enemy"....even if it is the loved one....
It is about the drink...and, not the loved one, personally....but it sure is hell living with someone who has a black cloud over their head, all of the time....

Your time away reminds me of the teenagers who have a wild party when the parents go away....lol....

Actually...I hate to say this...but, it seems that when you two are separated, both of you are happier and enjoy yourselves most...….?
Old 07-03-2019, 04:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How does that affect you. I mean when you approach him with concern and he bites your head off?

Are you detached so far that it just rolls off your back or does it actually hurt your feelings?
Old 07-03-2019, 04:15 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

Hi Awal,

In Al-Anon is where I learned (and still learn) how to allow others to have their own feelings, without comment.

I asked if he was ok he said yes but obviously wasnt.
It doesn't even need to go this far.

As I take care of my own needs, feelings and life, the rest falls into place easier --- including allowing an alcoholic his or her own path of recovery or whatever else comes.

Have you ever had time away without phone calls or Skype?
Old 07-03-2019, 04:28 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Your time away helps you to escape from the realities
of your husband's drinking, but alcoholism is progressive
and you are seeing it happening.

The "jolly" was alcohol induced.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
How does that affect you. I mean when you approach him with concern and he bites your head off?

Are you detached so far that it just rolls off your back or does it actually hurt your feelings?
Naah it doesnt hurt my feelings at all...just confirms what a screwed up individual he is 😏
Old 07-03-2019, 11:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Hi Awal,

In Al-Anon is where I learned (and still learn) how to allow others to have their own feelings, without comment.

It doesn't even need to go this far.

As I take care of my own needs, feelings and life, the rest falls into place easier --- including allowing an alcoholic his or her own path of recovery or whatever else comes.

Have you ever had time away without phone calls or Skype?
Not really..he likes to check lm ok every day.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mylifeismine View Post
Your time away helps you to escape from the realities
of your husband's drinking, but alcoholism is progressive
and you are seeing it happening.

The "jolly" was alcohol induced.
Of course it was. Hes miserable because he feels he cant drink freely when lm around. Sad but true.
Old 07-03-2019, 11:31 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dandylion View Post

Awal…..yep...anyone who comes between the alcoholic and the drink is seen as the "enemy"....even if it is the loved one....
It is about the drink...and, not the loved one, personally....but it sure is hell living with someone who has a black cloud over their head, all of the time....

Your time away reminds me of the teenagers who have a wild party when the parents go away....lol....

Actually...I hate to say this...but, it seems that when you two are separated, both of you are happier and enjoy yourselves most...….?
Yay a wild party! It feels more like a safe countryside haven away from the rat race..from the stress of work and the gloom of the hubby!
He came to visit me one day while l was away and brought all his negativity along for the ride...the cloud followed him when he left at late afternoon. I wouldnt want to be in his shoes ever.
Old 07-04-2019, 12:52 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Life is good

Originally Posted by Awal View Post
This can often be a part of the emotional abuse cycle. A quote from a trauma recovery site:

"It is okay to keep yourself safe and allow time to heal."

Good luck! Knowledge is power.
Old 07-04-2019, 09:15 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Awal View Post
Or is it that he likes to make sure you’re not on your way home, so he’d have to hide the evidence and sober up?

Hey, I’m a cynic...
Old 07-04-2019, 11:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post
Or is it that he likes to make sure you’re not on your way home, so he’d have to hide the evidence and sober up?

Hey, I’m a cynic...
Old 07-04-2019, 01:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ariesagain View Post

Hey, I’m a cynic...
I'd say a realist.
Old 07-04-2019, 03:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
I'd say a realist.
Old 07-05-2019, 07:10 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

You know, I have to say there came a time I told my XAH just to go ahead, just drink if that is what you need to do to not be this miserable mess. I mean, he was doing it anyways just the stress of hiding it and not being able to openly drink was making him crazy. I decided I could more easily live with the drinking than the miserable person he was becoming.

Turns out, I deserve more and I don't have to live with either. I am much happier now.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:21 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
You know, I have to say there came a time I told my XAH just to go ahead, just drink if that is what you need to do to not be this miserable mess. I mean, he was doing it anyways just the stress of hiding it and not being able to openly drink was making him crazy. I decided I could more easily live with the drinking than the miserable person he was becoming.

Turns out, I deserve more and I don't have to live with either. I am much happier now.
lm glad for you xx