Notices

Love DD Accountability Thread

Old 07-03-2019, 03:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Love DD Accountability Thread

Back to day one for me. I’ve had better mornings and I’ve have worse mornings but dragging myself out of bed this morning taking a couple non-drowsy gravol and headed to work. I find it ironic that I work in a field where I take care of others but I can’t manage to take care of myself. The great thing is as many of you say I never have to feel this way again!

I’m ready to start putting recovery first. I cannot be a good mother and wife while doing this to myself. I plan on taking it easy on myself this first week, not letting anxiety regarding “getting things done” get to me and spending some outdoor quality time with the kids.

I plan on posting here daily and I’m going to order some books on recovery to get started.

The health anxiety is crazy this morning but I know that will improve with some sober time under my belt.

Thanks for listening. I read here often. Post less often (I plan to change that) But I am in my early thirties and have struggled with alcohol for well over 10
Old 07-03-2019, 05:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Sounds like you know what you need to do and are ready to do it! Take it one day at a time, just concentrate on not taking that first drink and don’t burden yourself with big extravagant plans to do loads of stuff. It took us years to get into the bad place we find ourselves and it’s going to take time to get out of it.

Be kind to yourself, post daily and you could join the July thread so even if you don’t have much to say you can just check in, say hello daily and it helps to not feel so isolated in this struggle. xx
Old 07-04-2019, 04:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome back LoveDD

D
Old 07-05-2019, 08:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA Member

how are you today Love DD?