Notices

Day 16 - still suffering consequences

Old 06-30-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 16 - still suffering consequences

Hello everyone,

Well, nothing new. I have around 8 binges a year of which 7/8 finish in bad consequences. This time has not been the exception, it has just lasted a little bit longer than the previous time.

So overall, it has been a very bad week in addition to loosing all my stuff two weeks ago. To start with, my bank has not send me my new cards (it's been two weeks) and I forgot my online banking passwords and attempted three to get in - account blocked (I'm a moron, I know). So basically, this leaves me with money in my bank account and absolutely no cash for food. Almost starved to death today. On top of that, I got no idea what my financial situation is - I do have debts though, that for sure. So I am a little bit of scared of when I get access to my online bank to see I'm broke (very unlikely, but I suffer from anxiety).

As if it was not bad enough, on Friday my water tank started leaking, I called the plumber and told me it was broken. He's supposed to come this week, who knows when, and the leak is getting pretty serious (and no how water, awesome). And on Friday morning, my internet router broke!!!. So no Internet to stay all the weekend home, no cash, just me and my OCD (awesome). This was a real challenge to my sobriety. I power through it though.

I mean, to some extent all of these events are consequences to my binge, so that's on me. But all of these other stuff that add up, make me very vulnerable. It's sad, it's not like I want a mega good news to pop up, or get a six pack overnight, but like a little good news that at least will keep me positive you know.

Let's try to look at the bright side. I finally got a therapist and will be going to the appointment the 9th of July. I will try to go the gym tomorrow, which I have not gone because well I'm terrified because I got no clue what to do, and will ask but I don't speak the language of the country I live.

Anyway, I wish you a wonderful week to all.
Old 06-30-2019, 12:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there Hope. Your ability to logically deal with the everyday crap that happens in life will get better.

The bank. Can't you go into a branch?

The water heater. If you own, call your insurance company...you may have some coverage.

The router. They are cheap cheap. So, that could be worse.

I know for me I needed to learn to reframe my thinking....change the way I respond to daily bs. It isn't happening 'to' me....it's just happening.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

can you not go to your bank and get money out the old fashioned way? that is sort of why they are there.
Old 06-30-2019, 01:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by entropy1964 View Post
Hang in there Hope. Your ability to logically deal with the everyday crap that happens in life will get better.

The bank. Can't you go into a branch?

The water heater. If you own, call your insurance company...you may have some coverage.

The router. They are cheap cheap. So, that could be worse.

I know for me I needed to learn to reframe my thinking....change the way I respond to daily bs. It isn't happening 'to' me....it's just happening.
Well, to be fair I'm renting an apartment ( I sublet), so I'm not responsible for those sort of damages. Well, at least you can bet I'm not paying a euro for that. The router is not really a problem, to be honest it was just inconvenient due to the day.

Regarding the bank, I have an online bank. Poor timing huh?

Anyway, thanks for replying.