Notices

Getting the Best of Me

Old 06-24-2019, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Getting the Best of Me

Alcohol is getting the best of me. I am scared and don't want to to this anymore. It is slowly overtaking my life, I see it and realize it, but can't seem to stop.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

You can't seem to stop drinking because you're addicted to the substance and the habit of drinking it. You have to put your foot down and say 'no more!'. Do it one minute at a time, if you have to. I thought I was hopeless at one time but this winter I'll have 10 yrs sober, and if I can do it, so can you.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Siyo, arm yourself with all the support you can find. Make a plan with your doctor and stop.

I struggled terribly the first few days. I was literally counting in 10-minute increments waiting for the cravings to pass. What I didn't do was pick up a drink. I promised myself, I would check in to rehab if I couldn't stop on my own.

Look into AA, Smart Recovery or any program that resonates with you. You can do this if you want it bad enough.

We are all here to lend support.
Old 06-24-2019, 07:51 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi siyo

SR helped me turn my life around. I use it every day. Maybe thats a good start for you too?

D
Old 06-24-2019, 08:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome back Siyo. You posted similar sentiments a year and a half ago. Don't make it another 18 months before you make the best decision of your life and get sober. How can we help?
Old 06-24-2019, 08:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are not alone Siyo! There’s many paths to getting sober. The best thing I did for myself was to start therapy to figure out the root of my drinking and work on learning new coping skills. I also did and still do yoga, meditation and I tease exercise. I practice gratitude everyday. SR has been a huge support for me and many people.

It is hard in the beginning, but you will get stronger