Notices

2 weeks

Old 06-24-2019, 02:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 weeks

2 weeks. Feeling stressed and sad-unrelatedly to alcohol. Don’t feel like drinking. Felt like drinking a little yesterday but I don’t today. I want to eat a whole chocolate cake though 😭
just posting for accountability and to as always say thanks for everyone being here
Old 06-24-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear you're having a rough time!
Old 06-24-2019, 02:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Family life can really be tough sometimes. Protect your sobriety as all else can grow from that.

Wishing you well
Old 06-24-2019, 06:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry you've been down but 2 weeks is terrific Hootowlhoot

D
Old 06-24-2019, 06:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

2 weeks is great. There's a lot of emotion to deal with in the early days, and if you're like me, you're not used to just sitting with the feelings. I'm glad you're getting through this.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Two weeks is great, and eat your cake 🍰 you earned it
Old 06-24-2019, 09:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congrats! You are doing fantastic
Old 06-24-2019, 11:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hello, Hoot! I'm happy to read an update. I'm sorry that things are challenging. Two weeks is great!!! It's a wonderful milestone for anyone, but when someone is going through so much, like you are, it shows tremendous strength and resilience to maintain sobriety.

You should be very proud of yourself! You're doing amazingly well!
Old 06-25-2019, 01:22 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys..I almost got alcohol today. It’s my day off .
i am feeling really sad and stupid. My daughter is with my parents for the week. My husband and I are trying to reconnect. We had a fun weekend, but he doesn’t like how my parents are caregiving for her.
i has a spa gift certificate gifted to me two years ago and went in today for a facial and pedicure. The facial was relaxing but then I checked my phone...a missed call and voicemail about the car repair, and several texts from my husband flipping out about the car repair and some confusion with it. He told me to call him immediately and everything went south from there on and he kept texting me the rest of the time telling me there’s no saving us, I keep ******* up and causing him all this stress and there’s always an issue with me

well I ended up crying at the spa place (luckily no one else was there) and the poor spa owner who I was working with probably didn’t know what to do. She was very kind to me which made me cry more. I couldn’t decide if I should bail on the pedi but then I figured he’d be mad st me for going all that way and not doing it I don’t know.

i have such a a headache but I can’t drink today. I don’t want to lose that time or prove him right...spent the whole rest of the afternoon cleaning.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:30 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

2 weeks is great. Don't drink, it won't change anything, it will all still be there in the morning.
Sending love to you
Old 06-25-2019, 01:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Two weeks sober is great! Sorry your hubby is flipping out and giving you stress.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pinky1 View Post
2 weeks is great. Don't drink, it won't change anything, it will all still be there in the morning.
Sending love to you
thank you. Very true and would make it worse
💗
Old 06-25-2019, 01:34 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least View Post
Two weeks sober is great! Sorry your hubby is flipping out and giving you stress.
thank you! I guess I deserve it because I cause him so much stress. I am not really stressed more so sad
Old 06-25-2019, 02:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 weeks. You're doing really well given your awful home situation. You don't deserve any of this. You are not causing your husband any stress. He is an emotional bully and is abusive, belittling and demeaning you and making you into a nervous wreck.

You're doing so well staying sober in all of this and no matter how 'bad' you were drinking you still don't deserve this abuse. Of course it takes time for people to forgive us or accept we are sober but this constant putting you down is doing no one any good. No one can make you do anything but situations like this rarely get better, only worse. I hope you can take steps to remove you and your daughter from this abusive situation.

Children learn from what they see every day. Your daughter will grow up believing it is ok for a man to abuse her, belittle her, shout at her and treat her badly. What would you say to her as an adult if her husband spoke to her like yours does to you?
Old 06-26-2019, 12:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support and feedback. We ended up having a very long talk last night and he admitted a lot of his faults which is rare and a start.
but now I made another mistake today
I FaceTimed my daughter this morning butnut was only for like four minutes and I forgot to tell him
our phone logs are synched and he saw and got mad at me and said I can’t pull myself together and day 1 I already disregarded what we talked about and that I act like I am more important to our daughter then him or something. He says I just play the victim
snd don’t try to change or continue to do things that I “know make him annoyed”
ive been so sad all day! I cried almost all day yesterday. My head has been in s fog and pounding all day. I’m at work and just desperately want to go home and crawl into bed. Can’t even do that when I get home bc a friend is supposed to come over tonight so have to fake and act all happy ...
i am always just really missing my daughter so that’s another reason why I feel so down I’m sure. I just feel so useless
Old 06-26-2019, 12:57 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

He just keeps telling me he is tired of me making mistakes everyday and I’m taking s toll on his mentality bc he just wants one day where I don’t make a mistake

i wish i could go home and just cry

Old 06-26-2019, 01:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Hey Hoot,

that sounds like textbook gaslighting and emotional abuse to me. Are you close with your parents and can you bring this up with them? Have you thought about seeing a therapist for just you? You don't deserve to be belittled and guilt tripped.

Just stay sober and try to talk to a third party who knows your dynamic with your husband and who can give you solid advice. Keeping you in my thoughts. <3
Old 06-26-2019, 01:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dpac414 View Post
Hey Hoot,

that sounds like textbook gaslighting and emotional abuse to me. Are you close with your parents and can you bring this up with them? Have you thought about seeing a therapist for just you? You don't deserve to be belittled and guilt tripped.

Just stay sober and try to talk to a third party who knows your dynamic with your husband and who can give you solid advice. Keeping you in my thoughts. <3
thank you. I have tried to go to several therapists but he disagrees with them and says they tear couples apart and that if I want to go I have to figure out a way to pay for it myself. I have gone s couple times and the stopped.
I don’t really have anyone to talk to. I have a best friend from my home state who I text regularly and tell her some things but not everything and he has caught my texts to her before and doesn’t like her because of this ...
Old 06-26-2019, 06:49 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know you're not here for relationship advice but this whole dynamic sounds really unhealthy to me hoot

You are entitled to talk to and FaceTime anyone you want to.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...out-abuse.html (About Abuse)

D
Old 06-26-2019, 07:24 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yeah, I would really think seriously about your relationship. I can’t tell you what to do, but it doesn’t sound too healthy.

Its important you do what’s best for you and your sobriety, and you shouldn’t let anyone control who you do and don’t see.

Just my two cents.