Notices

I made it thru the weekend

Old 06-23-2019, 08:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I made it thru the weekend

I always think how nice and refreshing a beer or glass of wine would be. It's 7:54pm and I'm so grateful to not have to still be drinking cause the need to keep going set in. It's not a revelation. There's no harp playing or rainbows. Just contentment. All day long I've had thoughts and feelings. I say "I hate myself" out loud cause I feel embarrassed or ashamed about this or that. Mostly I'm just feeling.. regular but that's not good enough so I want to get more. So, today has been about just living with the in between moments.
Old 06-23-2019, 09:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're feeling good Press

D
Old 06-23-2019, 09:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That’s great Press!
Old 06-24-2019, 06:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pressmetilihurt View Post
I always think how nice and refreshing a beer or glass of wine would be. It's 7:54pm and I'm so grateful to not have to still be drinking cause the need to keep going set in. It's not a revelation. There's no harp playing or rainbows. Just contentment. All day long I've had thoughts and feelings. I say "I hate myself" out loud cause I feel embarrassed or ashamed about this or that. Mostly I'm just feeling.. regular but that's not good enough so I want to get more. So, today has been about just living with the in between moments.
This dialogue needs to change Press--hating yourself won't lead to permanent sobriety. There's the work, yes?
Old 06-24-2019, 06:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

The dialogue needs to change indeed. This guy also thought that a beer or a glass of wine would be refreshing, but then again, who drinks only one glass?

https://images.app.goo.gl/Z3KHVysdRpvYmusN9
Old 06-24-2019, 07:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love the Swedish philosophy of Lagom. You should check it out. It's what I strive for...and I like that it encompasses all areas of life, both the internal world and the external world.

It is the antithesis of American over indulgence...in everything. And I like that it encompasses our feelings...how we react to things emotionally. A bit like the AA idea that I'm no less than or more than anyone else. And neither are you.

Feelings of self pity are actually quite indulgent. Its somewhat like narcissism in the inverse. I don't know if that makes sense. I know that when I'm wallowing in self pity I am THE only person in the world. And really, my actions just aren't that important. The past is the past.

I'm glad you are experiencing some contentment. THAT is where it is at.