Notices

Day 40 of being sober

Old 06-21-2019, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 40 of being sober

40 days sober...I personally have been feeling great! I have grown to enjoy not waking up with hangovers or wondering about my actions from the night before or the amount of money I’ve spent because I knew how my day and night went because I was mentally present! I’m happy to have 40 days but at the same time, I know it’s only been 40 days so I look forward to my daily decision to not drink one day at a time. Hope you all enjoy your weekend!
Old 06-21-2019, 09:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

I needed to hear this positive message. I have 35 days today and yes I’m so glad I’ve not been sick, but also I’ve been stewing in a resentment lately and i really dont want it to drive me to drink.
Old 06-21-2019, 10:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done the both of you. Don’t let that AV come in now you are both feeling great. Keep up the hard work! Get those 2 months under you!
Old 06-22-2019, 12:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
I needed to hear this positive message. I have 35 days today and yes I’m so glad I’ve not been sick, but also I’ve been stewing in a resentment lately and i really dont want it to drive me to drink.
That feeling will pass eventually by which time you’ll be a few days or weeks more sober. If you let this bad patch lead you to drink, you’ll be looking for a reason to drink the next time and the next. We’ve all been there.

I’m coming up for 6 months and had a few stressful incidents during that time. In the earlier weeks, the temptation to have a drink was overwhelming, but luckily I held off. A few months on, that temptation is in the background in times of stress but much reduced.

Well done on 35 days. Keep going 😀
Old 06-22-2019, 12:14 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations, I think it is these sort of stories people in their first or second week need to hear
Old 06-22-2019, 02:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Sick n tired

Congrats on 40 days keep it going
Old 06-22-2019, 03:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well done guys, I'm also in my second month. It feels pretty great
Old 06-22-2019, 03:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job y'all!!

Actively working thru those resentments and things that crop up, especially early on, is really important.
Old 06-22-2019, 10:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ismilealot

Originally Posted by Toughroad1209 View Post
40 days sober...I personally have been feeling great! I have grown to enjoy not waking up with hangovers or wondering about my actions from the night before or the amount of money I’ve spent because I knew how my day and night went because I was mentally present! I’m happy to have 40 days but at the same time, I know it’s only been 40 days so I look forward to my daily decision to not drink one day at a time. Hope you all enjoy your weekend!
Hi there! Congratulations on 40 days! I’m 42 days sober myself so I can totally relate to your journey I hope! I just joined this website today! Hope to gain more support too! Have a great weekend too!