Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I am a Heroin user currently using as inject. I need some help!

Notices

Old 06-20-2019, 02:21 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I am a Heroine user currently using by injection and I've tried several treatment options but couldn't find the best solution. Can anybody help me pout on this? Also, I wanted to ask that is there any way or is there any kind of medicine which stop/block 80 to 100% of withdrawals when i stop using drugs? I need to find a way which can be helpful during withdrawals so that i can stop using drugs right away and i don't feel any withdrawals. Please don't suggest adnok/buprenorphine cause i don't think it works.

Please help?
Old 06-20-2019, 02:34 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Glad you are posting and that you are seeking help.
You will find support here and advice but, it is best to get medical help. Have you been to any clinics? Do you have insurance of any kind?
Old 06-20-2019, 02:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It's good you're reaching out for help. I don't have any suggestions for you as I'm an alcoholic and have never used heroin. I wish I knew how to help more but all I got is that I'm really glad to see you here and I think you're going in the right direction asking for help. Don't give up. There are so many helpful people here, I know you'll be able to find something.
Old 06-20-2019, 03:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome.
I'm glad to see you're trying to do something about you heroin addiction.
I've never used it, but know people who have.
When they tried to quit they went to a methadone clinic. That's the only drug I've heard of used for heroin withdrawal.
Hope this helps, but I only know from second hand experiences.
Good luck, and best to you.
Old 06-20-2019, 10:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Next week will be six years since I lost my little brother to this horrible drug. I truly hope you can get better. Please, look up any and every possible avenue in your area. You and your loved ones deserve it.
I am an alcoholic so my advice is limited but I know the help is out there. I know some people have had success with suboxone. Not medical advice, just my personal observations. Please, take care of yourself. Don't become a statistic.
Old 06-20-2019, 11:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I quit heroin by going on Methadone...it took all the withdrawal away and allowed me to live a normal life. Eventually I was able to taper off of it completely, although it took a few years. By then I was so removed from that lifestyle I was never tempted to use it again. I hope you find your way out too...
Old 06-20-2019, 11:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Jerryuppalsingh

I don't know anything about heroin at all but I'm glad you've found a few members who do.

My advice would be to go through a Dr.
Best to get professional advice.

D
Old 06-21-2019, 05:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh yes I must add....as Dee74 said, definitely go see your doctor. They may be able to prescribe it, or more likely will refer you to a Methadone clinic. Or perhaps there are new drugs that are approved for alleviating withdrawal...take care.