Curiosity and growth

Old 06-20-2019, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Curiosity and growth

Between gardening, meditation and running I've had realizations about ramping up my recovery lately:

1. I'm getting stronger and bouncing back quickly, mentally and physically.

2. I'm having more awareness of childhood and adult trauma I've been through, and dealing with it in very healthy ways.

3. I'm gaining skills and knowledge in many areas of recovery.

What's weird is going into Al-Anon wanting to help my family, finding out I needed to help myself, and now having new skills in helping my family that looks completely new. Living my best life + skills to enjoy time with family members and/or stand up to or walk away from situations, as needed.
Old 06-21-2019, 07:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

"An unexamined life is a life not worth living." Socrates

"Don't be conformed to this world but instead be transformed with new thinking." Romans 12:2
Old 07-11-2019, 01:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm having a broader realization of the good and otherwise in relationships I and DS12 have had in our small-town communities. A teacher he would have if we hadn't home-schooled for the brief 15 months that we did, is someone we both have great relationships with, together as mom & child with another mom and children, and individually in school related activities.

I was soooo looking forward to DS being in her classroom. I'm seeing now that things have worked out in even better ways by DS not having her as a teacher.

"for the most part, a good relationship makes you feel secure, happy, cared for, respected, and free to be yourself."

Love this!! It's exactly what this person, DS and I have.

On the other part of this dynamic of someone I truly care for and respect:

"Loaded with negative energy."

I get this. She's on a healing journey also. The Universe/God/Great Spirit works in amazing ways. We get to enjoy the good together. Period. Timing beyond what I could see two years ago.

That is her **only** negative and simply stuff she's working through in wonderful, healthy ways!

Bonus, we touch base occasionally in great ways with laughter, good humor and great faith in the good in life.

She knows part of my story. I know part of hers. It's enough.