Notices

the bender to end all benders

Old 06-18-2019, 10:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

the bender to end all benders

The raptors won the title and I've been a huge fan of the team since I was in my teens. I was elated during this whole run.

Drinking and smoking all day and night.. And I went into a strip club because I was feeling good.. Ended up spending a few thousand dollars and now I'm thinking the next few months I will have to pay off this debt.

No regrets but I'm really ****** up now. If this isn't a sign I don't know what is.

I'm getting my ass to a meeting today.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like that win is really helping the local economy over there.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
Sounds like that win is really helping the local economy over there.
Like you wouldn't believe.. :/
Old 06-18-2019, 10:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

"No regrets"?

That doesn't sound good. I would be filled with regret. How could you have no regrets? Not trying to make you feel bad, as there is no point on beating yourself up over what is already done....just an observation.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thats probably the exact reason he has no regrets. No sense getting all worked up about it or being filled with regret. Its just one night. But if it ends all benders thats a good thing. Being filled with regret is not a good thing.
Old 06-18-2019, 10:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI View Post
"No regrets"?

That doesn't sound good. I would be filled with regret. How could you have no regrets? Not trying to make you feel bad, as there is no point on beating yourself up over what is already done....just an observation.
In the sense that the strippers earned the money off me. I'm not asking for any refunds but yes.. I regret that now I owe 7k and I'll be working like a dog to pay it off. But its given me resolve to stay sober.

And i've learned something from it. Expensive lesson but its just money. I'm not going to court for a DUI at least.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:23 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good for you, had a similiar experience in my mid twenties. Took me another 6-7 years before I finally realized alcohol was playing a huge part in doing things I regret. You seem to have a positive attitude about the whole thing. If i could offer any advice when thinking about it in the future don't beat yourself up over it, but try not to minimize it either. Remember drinking caused you to do something you never would have sober, which was lose all of that money. That was the mistake I made.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:33 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you made it back Readyt0

D
Old 06-18-2019, 03:34 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hopefully this is enough pain for you to never drink again. I know for me I would be DEVASTATED to lose 7k dollars in one night. You must make alot more money than me because a $7000 loss would wipe me out.

Anyways hang on to that feeling of anger or remorse and let that fuel the flames of your recovery. Make this disgusting incident to be the catalyst that leads to your new CLEAN life.

If I could pay $7k to be guaranteed that I would never drink and drug for the rest of my life.......well that is cheaper than going to treatment
Old 06-18-2019, 03:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yeah, been there, done that. But I did regret it lol. I mean, to some extent. The money comes back though.
Old 06-18-2019, 03:42 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

I have no regrets from my drinking and drugging days.

Just situations, behaviors and consequences I don't wish to repeat.
Old 06-18-2019, 04:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

+1 on the Raptor's victory! I was surprised to see millions of fans at the parade. It was unreal. A lot of fans spent around 7k on tickets to see them play in the playoffs, so others spent a lot too. Some even more. Just trying to help you not feel so bad.
Old 06-18-2019, 09:49 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

For a second there i forgot i am not on the 2+2 poker forums and had to modify what I was going to say ha! Yeah I used to burn through money like nothing when I was drinking. Much happier now with some money in my bank account. Those must have been some amazing strippers or some really strong booze and blow. Either way hope you had fun and glad you are back!
Old 06-20-2019, 09:00 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I was at the Raptors parade too! It's hard to understand what a big deal the win was if you aren't from Toronto.

Managed to keep sober (currently on Day 18) but it was a challenge in that atmosphere.