Notices

Base camp

Old 06-17-2019, 01:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Base camp

hi all As someone who s just recently got my soberity back and while it's still fresh in my mind how tricky and difficult it was to get it back I said I d post as to how I got it back , after about 8 failed attempts , it started to become hopeless all this starting and stopping really drains you. Mentally and physically!!! So after yet another bender which left me tottally poisoned , I said I'd go for 21 days and what ever happens after that I don t care , I'm doing the 21 days end of !!! I'll be in bed 8 hrs a day , so that's 16 hours a day for 21 days , I power walked 2 or 3 times a day , ate WHAT ever I wanted , loads of tv. And if I spent the day watching paint dry , it did t matter cos it was a great day cos I did t drink , anyway I wore myself out from all the power walks which really killed a lot of cravings I got my 21 days , and the thing with the 21 days is I'd have 3 weekends put down , my appetite would be back and So would my sober mind. Sorry for taking so long but for my 2 cents if your struggling now I believe if you can get to day 21 that's your base camp , once at base camp , can put plan in place then for next assault. Thanks for reading.
Old 06-17-2019, 01:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 3 weeks Kid

D
Old 06-17-2019, 02:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good stuff Kid, you clearly have great determination.

Absolutely walking to the point of exhaustion helped me so much in the first few months. Still my go to if I am really struggling.

Keep on going.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Way to go Kid. For me, a daily exercise routine is critical to my recovery. Rooting for you.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Kid, I love your energy and vibe! I'm on Day 14 so that 21-day target is in reasonable range. I've heard it takes 3 weeks to form a habit, so it's a positive visualization that the clay of this new life is solidifying in the mold in some significant way, even if only a little more solid day by day.

I really felt some solid energy from your tone of "no matter what" --- a very positive, committed attitude that you're putting your sobriety first, and if that involves "watching paint dry", so be it I feel like this is something I need to recommit to day by day, and sometimes every few hours, so any other energy moving in this same direction sure is an asset! Thanks!!!
Old 06-17-2019, 02:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Great post. Thanks!