Notices

Still here

Old 06-16-2019, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still here

Day 259 for me on this Fathers day, that is 37 weeks 8 and a half months with not a drop. I am in the pub twice a week as darts team captain, attend most of the functions I am invited to. Now I am always the driver and happy to be so.
I am using my spare time to teach my self Spanish,heading to Gran Canaria on hols later this year. 10 weeks ago as a reward I bought myself a road bike and am racking up the miles almost every day. Getting fitter but still not losing much weight.
This has not been an easy journey but I feel every day that i dont drink as an achievement. Still using the I will drink tomorrow attitude.
I dont post much on here but I read everything every day.I just hope that everyone on here stays strong today. Dont have that first drink today.
Old 06-16-2019, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awesome! I love reading these posts.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober time! And thanks for the inspiration.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

It sounds like you're doing great.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thank you for your inspiring post. Sounds like you're turning your life round for the better big style. Well done, you're doing it. X
Old 06-16-2019, 01:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats!! Great that you're learning and finding positives. I really hope that I too can do the same.

Was learning a language a goal before you quit?

For me, I've done a lot of thinking everyday about staying sober and what I'd like to achieve. I really would like to improve my health, lose a bit of weight and improve my finances and gain some money , start saving. Seeing posts like these makes me hopeful I can do this!:-)
Old 06-16-2019, 04:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

You sound great cryfreedom - congrats on your changes, your goals and your sober time!

D
Old 06-16-2019, 05:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

What an inspiring post! I love that you have been able to take on some new hobbies! And your trip sounds fabulous. Keep up the great work, and thanks for posting!
Old 06-16-2019, 10:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zombie79 View Post
Congrats!! Great that you're learning and finding positives. I really hope that I too can do the same.

Was learning a language a goal before you quit?

For me, I've done a lot of thinking everyday about staying sober and what I'd like to achieve. I really would like to improve my health, lose a bit of weight and improve my finances and gain some money , start saving. Seeing posts like these makes me hopeful I can do this!:-)
learning a language is something I always wanted to do, I just didnt know which one and just didn't bother when drinking.