Notices

Back after a long time

Old 06-13-2019, 11:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Serenity Now!

Back after a long time

well im back after a long time trying to get back on the wagon. its past two and i cant sleep at all, shaking while typing this. close to losing my job, family barely talks to me.

just started on some anti-depressants, lifes not good right now.
Old 06-13-2019, 11:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry you're struggling Grimes but I think coming back here is a great idea.

It may not look like it now but there is a way back from active addiction - and you'll find support here. You're not alone

D
Old 06-14-2019, 03:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi there Grimes. Welcome back. Wow you signed up on this forum back in 2010! It has been a long time. I hope things get better for you. Perhaps this thought will be of some encouragement to you.

Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Glad you have come back. Are you off on the weekend? Can you ride out the worst of the detox today and over weekend? And/or get some medical attention if you need it? Today is a great day to get back on the wagon and stop hurting yourself. You can do it, especially if you keep coming here and doing whatever else works for you outside of the forum (meetings, SMART, therapy, exercise, etc.). Much strength to you!
Old 06-14-2019, 06:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I hate feeling like that...you will start to feel better if you can stay away from the drinks.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You’ll never feel like this again if you stay sober.
Old 06-14-2019, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Grimes, and welcome.

It's tough to crawl out of that hole you're in. The first few days are pretty dark, but if you can hang in there and make a plan for lifelong sobriety, it can be done as you can see from all the success stories here.

Best of luck to you.
Old 06-14-2019, 04:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are things today grimes?

D
Old 06-14-2019, 07:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Serenity Now!

i was up all night, didnt sleep at all. should have went to emerg, wasnt too bad overnight but the next morning couldnt even stand up was shaking so bad.
had to buy two drinks. never felt that before. i actually have an emergency supply in case. the plan is to dump them tomorrow cant do that night ever again.

went to work today too, still have a job but had to sign a form, saying if they see me intoxicated or caught drinking they can terminate me on the spot. dont even like the job that much but everybody needs money.

was gonna go for monday, but said to clean myself up and get the meds under control. that anti-depressent knocked me on my but when i take it.

should add too, gonna put the copy of the letter on my wall so if i feel like drinking i can think twice about it.
Old 06-14-2019, 07:43 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Grimes,

Welcome back. Is there any alcohol counseling through work? Since they already know about the drinking it might be a good way to get some sobriety under your belt, and show you’re taking positive steps toward recovery.
Old 06-14-2019, 08:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I've been there, man. Years of good and bad, healthy and sick, on and off meds, in control of life and down at rock bottom. Point is, you're still here. Every time you're down at the bottom remember it's temporary. All you gotta do is keep moving forward, the bad period with the meds will fade and things will begin to turn. Keep strong 👍
Old 06-14-2019, 09:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Serenity Now!

another sleepless night, shakes are beginning but not too bad, figured id come on a post or just read.

in canada they have i think a few different options available for free.
might try aa again, there was one open meeting with a speaker i like that one. did the couselling thing too, so ive got some options. gonna try reading some books on addiction never done that. seen all the movies and doccys i think.

ya i figure if i give up trying i might as well be dead.

too bad ive got a buddy working in there, my drinking buddy, we would share drinks at work, too bad i dont think hes ever gonna quit.
probably get canned for always smelling like booze.
Old 06-14-2019, 09:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hang in there Grimes. What you said about hang in there or I might be dead really hit me. I feel like I could have written that. I have learned some ne info this time and it is frightening. I hope you sleep better tonight.