Notices

My wife beat me at golf

Old 06-12-2019, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My wife beat me at golf

We half joke. Its golf season here in MI and last friday my daughter had a sleepover at a friends and the wife and I were to golf that night. She said, try and hold it together today so we can golf tonight, about 6pm. I thought I was trying to take it easy but when one starts drinking at 8am and your drinking rum from the bottle thats kind of hard to do. Even for a seasoned pro like myself. So we went golfing. I was trashed per usual. I'm not a sloppy drunk. Except how I look you may not even know I'm drunk. I dont get mean, or stumble around or what not. Needless to say I golfed like crap. My wife beat me by 12 strokes. She has never beat me before or even close. We both knew it was the booze. It was a poignant wake up call as to how bad my drinking had got even in one years time. Not that I needed the wake up call at all. Either way, I saved the score card and may even frame it one day. Just figured I'd share what is a somewhat light hearted story between my wife and I. All jokes aside, I am now on my second day 3 ever, and lovin it. Thanks SR!

I write this while watching the local morning news pour cocktails at 11am as part of a segment. Its also wine Wednesday on fox 2 detroit.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 3 A!!!
Old 06-12-2019, 08:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What if she still beats you when you are sober? Will you admit that she is better than you ? LOL
Old 06-12-2019, 08:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Abraham - Thank you for telling of the golf debacle. Good that you saved the card - tangible proof is always helpful. I saved my dui ticket from 20 yrs. ago. I was a different person then.

Congratulations on Day 3. We're so glad to have you here with us.
Old 06-12-2019, 08:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

100%