Notices

Back at it

Old 06-11-2019, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Back at it

Ive been in a relapse for over a year. I dont have excuses and reasons as to why I relapsed. I wasnt strong enough to get through the negative place I found myself in while being sober.

I am back in that negative place but its not due to sobriety. I have an issue with living life. I need help. Lots of it.

I can make it back to being sober and gain confidence again. I can do this. Please dont give up on me. I will check in later when I am on my lunch.

I really do appreciate the support. Always have
Old 06-11-2019, 10:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Been waiting to see you back here Mizz! You were someone who gave me lots of support many times on my path to the sobriety I finally achieved. I know you have it in you as well
Really happy to see you back here.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey, hey. We joined these forums at the same time in August 2012. Nice to see you back. I've been struggling, too, but I'm on day 16 so I think anything is possible. If I can do it, so can you.
Old 06-11-2019, 10:49 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Mizzuno, I'm glad you're back. And, I know you can do this.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hi Mizzuno, Welcome Back!! One thing I realized is the good people on SR will never give up on us! People in my real life stopped taking me seriously when I said I was quitting. But people on SR took me serious, even before I realized how serious I was this time. SR is great and so are you for not giving up on yourself *hugs*
Old 06-11-2019, 11:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So fantastic to have you back, Mizz.

I have missed you.

You can make relapse a thing of your past.

Please lean on us.
Old 06-11-2019, 11:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Glad you're here. Easy to get back at it. We all have our struggles.... thankfully we can support each other
Old 06-11-2019, 12:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I want and desperately need to be positive about this transition. I cant go into this with the same mindset as last time.
I cant quit when it gets hard and I know I need to address the moods I find myself in.

So theres that.

Thanks for being here.

I appreciate you all and appreciate the journey.
Old 06-11-2019, 02:00 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am really happy you are back Mizz--you certainly can do this.

What sort of changes to your sobriety plan do you think would help build a "first line of defense" when the negative stuff kicks in?

I've been going outside and bit by bit turning over some hard sod and making a little flower / herb / ornamental grass garden. My rule is I have to go plant something if I feel stress or temptation.

It's working pretty well. I'm filling the garden with plants I get marked down in the "discount" bin which are slated for the trash if not sold, so there's good karma and thriftiness all combined.

You know the drill--get some sober weeks built up and it gets easier.
Post often, and let us help.
Missed you Mizz
Old 06-11-2019, 02:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

As long as your above ground..there is always a chance.
Never give up.
Welcome back
Old 06-11-2019, 03:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 View Post
I am really happy you are back Mizz--you certainly can do this.

What sort of changes to your sobriety plan do you think would help build a "first line of defense" when the negative stuff kicks in?

I've been going outside and bit by bit turning over some hard sod and making a little flower / herb / ornamental grass garden. My rule is I have to go plant something if I feel stress or temptation.

It's working pretty well. I'm filling the garden with plants I get marked down in the "discount" bin which are slated for the trash if not sold, so there's good karma and thriftiness all combined.

You know the drill--get some sober weeks built up and it gets easier.
Post often, and let us help.
Missed you Mizz

Changes:
I have to figure out these moods I get into and the anxiety I experience. Im not bi polar. I do suffer from depressive episodes. This past winter and spring were so dark for me. I compounded the anxiety and the depression by consuming alcohol. Its a cycle.

I dont have the best coping skills to be honest.
I get obsessive about certain things and fixate on the wrong things instead of staying in my own lane. .... Like when it comes to my marriage and the sobriety.

Its not hard for me to get sober. Its hard for me to stay sober after months.

I am miserable when I drink and Im also kinda miserable when Im sober. After a spell of sobriety I just dont have it in me to continue being sober.

Alcoholism is really the ******* worse.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're back Mizz - I think support really helps - even in the darkest hours.

D
Old 06-11-2019, 06:16 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome back Mizz. I hope you can find what you need to. I find myself falling desperately lost or miserable at times. I've also recognized that alcohol keeps me there longer than it should. I can't say I can always stay sober but I know the inner peace lasts as long as I do.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:27 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Awesome to see you back. You were I think trailing off when I joined but I could see your many wonderful daily posts from the past and as an ex-runner I liked your name too!
Old 06-11-2019, 07:40 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

so glad to see you back, Mizz.
my own experience this time around was that i could quit and stay that way but was getting increasingly edgier, miserable, more easily irritated et cetera... this took a while. in that while, i made some forays into AA, omg couldn’t staaaand it, after more whiles(quite a few), i understood that doing that stuff might give me a good shot at overcoming some of that misery and living in such a way that it might not return.
it worked for me.
that you can do this.....of that i have no doubt.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:44 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by fini View Post
so glad to see you back, Mizz.
my own experience this time around was that i could quit and stay that way but was getting increasingly edgier, miserable, more easily irritated et cetera... this took a while. in that while, i made some forays into AA, omg couldn’t staaaand it, after more whiles(quite a few), i understood that doing that stuff might give me a good shot at overcoming some of that misery and living in such a way that it might not return.
it worked for me.
that you can do this.....of that i have no doubt.
I wont get into all of it but I did attend AA and worked the steps my first time into sobriety. Was that 2007 or 2008? I cant recall.
I maintained for 8 to 9 months. ..... Got miserable.

I then relapsed.
Got sober for a year. Then miserable
Relapsed.
Got sober for a year. Or a few days shy of a year.. Then miserable
Relapsed.
Got sober yesterday...... Not feeling miserable. Just give me a year though. ....or a few days shy of a year ..

See where i am going with this?

Im sober tonight. That can be enough.

Ill be thinking of AA or meetings or something in the morning.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I was miserable sober too - so I'd go back to drinking...and I was still miserable. Even more miserable.

For me to stay sober I had to stop drinking and work out what I needed to do to stop being miserable.

It may be a medication thing, it may be a lifestyle thing...it may be a therapy thing...but whatever way, you deserve to be not miserable Mizz.

D
Old 06-11-2019, 10:01 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I was miserable sober too - so I'd go back to drinking...and I was still miserable. Even more miserable.

For me to stay sober I had to stop drinking and work out what I needed to do to stop being miserable.

It may be a medication thing, it may be a lifestyle thing...it may be a therapy thing...but whatever way, you deserve to be not miserable Mizz.

D
I know, right? I deserve to not be miserable.

Its too soon to tell what it is. Id rather not over analyze. I think the over thinking is really an issue for me. This may have been one of my bigger problems last go round. There was also a perfect storm of great loss. Not an excuse at all. I fell.

one day at a time.

My only misery at the moment is that it is horribly hot. Our homes here are not equipped with air conditioners because its never hot enough for that nonsense. ......until yesterday. I think the world just might be coming to an end, guys!
Old 06-11-2019, 11:34 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

I get not wanting to over analyse but maybe when you feel a little stronger recovery wise, that'll be the time to start thinking about that second tier?

D
Old 06-12-2019, 12:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Good to see you back Mizzuno. I lurk more than I post but you were one of the people I really looked forward to following. Thanks for your open honesty, you touch more lives than you know.