Notices

Big Smile on my Face today

Old 06-07-2019, 07:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Big Smile on my Face today

For no other reason than I am not drinking.

Went to my Grandsons baseball game which is hugely stressful since my son did not talk to me for 4 years...and my Grandson was 6 when they stopped associating with me....and now he is 10.....

The reason they didn't talk to me had a little do to with my drinking but it wasn't all of it.....

Then all of a sudden my son (just when I recovered from the pain and got used to them not being in my life) he decided to reconnect...and since then I have gotten drunk a couple of times....and missed MORE stuff.

But TODAY was OK.....I was out in fresh air....feeling "part of" instead of "isolated from".

I can go back into isolation at any time...all I have to do is pick up a drink.

But I think I like smiling better...

Ok, what made you smile today because you are sober?
Old 06-07-2019, 07:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yay! I’m so happy for you Missy! It sounds like you had such a wonderful day!
Old 06-07-2019, 07:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My dog made me smile while I was walking her and watching her checking her peemail.
Old 06-07-2019, 07:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Had a burst of energy and the urge to get out of the house and do some grocery shopping, so headed out and noticed the setting sun literally lit up the clouds in the sky as pink clouds. Leaving the store it was finally dark, near 10 pm, which my default thinking says is "too late." I just felt more free and as I turned the key in the door and brought the groceries in thought, "You know, this living life thing is pretty cool!"
Old 06-07-2019, 09:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

my dog make me smile he is very smart he is a rescue pitbull and so unlike what you would think of a dog like him. his walker tells me he is goofy and he is he is also loving and a big baby so smart caring oh God thank you for dogs.

his eyes are ice blue and his favorite thing when i am not paying him attention is to look at me with those lovely eyes for hours on end. he and my other dog make me happy. i am still struggling i am happy you are free.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:21 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

I smiled when i let my sponsor know I’ve been able to stick to my program on vacation and increase my sober life. Im sharing at meetings and its funny because i work myself up waiting for my turn n i get all nervous. But when its my turn i shoot from the hip n i no longer feel so nervous. Im all in this time and that makes me smile big time.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

This brought a smile to my face! You are so right, it’s so easy to go to isolation by drinking, being sober opens so many more doors. I’m glad you had a great day!
Old 06-08-2019, 03:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ok, what made you smile today because you are sober?

your post
Old 06-08-2019, 04:01 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

As strange as it sounds the things that made me smile today are the headache I have and the fact I feel so tired!

My headache made me smile because I know it's just a headache and not a hangover, perhaps it's my HPs way of giving me a gentle reminder of why I am staying sober...

And being so tired made me smile because I am tired for a reason and not because I have drunk myself to black out and just have no energy. Alcohol cost me everything but my car and the clothes on my back and that was 2 1/2 years ago. I haven't been able to get a job since but for the last week I have been on a course that means I have to be up at 6am and get home about 5pm and that has made a huge difference, just a little bit of structure to my days and knowing I am learning something that will hopefully open a few more doors to opportunities for work. I may be tired but it has made a big difference!

So what used to signal the fact I had drunk too much and achieved nothing has been transformed into something that makes me smile and very grateful by my (nearly) 7 months of sobriety....
Old 06-08-2019, 04:47 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LiveLikeGold6 View Post
I smiled when i let my sponsor know I’ve been able to stick to my program on vacation and increase my sober life. Im sharing at meetings and its funny because i work myself up waiting for my turn n i get all nervous. But when its my turn i shoot from the hip n i no longer feel so nervous. Im all in this time and that makes me smile big time.
Isn't is amazing how we treat ourselves?! I'll be in a book study listening to someone who is struggling to read and thinking, "Wow, they really have a lot of courage and character to step up and push through this! What an awesome person!!!" Then when it's my turn I hyper-concentrate and if I make a slight mistake have to fight off the urge to keep replaying the moment in my mind.

Reminds me of the quote by the philosopher Homer Simpson: "Shut up, brain, or I'll stab you with a Q-tip!"