Notices

Another day 1

Old 06-07-2019, 04:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another day 1

Well, here it is, another day 1. This decade has seen a number of day ones. This day 1 is different though as I feel I have a solid action plan in place (including being an active participant in the forums on this site). I wish you all the best today. I will not drink today.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good. Don’t. One glass of water at a time
Old 06-07-2019, 04:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, GreenDog. Having a plan is really helpful to keep you on track and you will always find a listening ear for support here. Join the Class of June 2019 forum to find buddies who are getting sober along with you.

You can do it! You deserve all the happiness a life without alcohol has in store for you.
Old 06-07-2019, 05:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you for the kind words and support. I definitely may hop over to the June class forum!
Old 06-07-2019, 05:28 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Greendog..my heartfelt sympathies to being on Day 1...it is SO HARD....anyone that gets thru the detox alone is a very strong person...

Just remember it WILL get better as long as you don't retreat to the drink.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your decision to quit, and on day one. I had a lot of them, too.
Remember, this can be your last day one. You never have to drink again.
Using all the help that was available, like AA and here, was how I was able to quit.
You can do it. I drank alcoholically for twenty five years. It's now been over ten years since I had a drink.
I didn't have the luxury of in-patient or out-patient. I was on my own.
Take advantage of this place, and AA if you're so inclined.
Make this your last day one.
Best to you.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DJ1

Originally Posted by GreenDog View Post
Well, here it is, another day 1. This decade has seen a number of day ones. This day 1 is different though as I feel I have a solid action plan in place (including being an active participant in the forums on this site). I wish you all the best today. I will not drink today.
Im on day 8 same boat as you many tries but this time is different!! we can do this I think having a plan of action for every situation that may come up is a big help!
The sober life is the way ahead there is no moderation in our world !! once we discover that the plan comes into action
come join june Class
Old 06-07-2019, 01:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm with you... another day 3 for me

Congrats on day 1!!! We can struggle through these first rough days together! I'm trying to figure out how this site works so I can connect with people..... struggling so far to figure it out.
I'm on another day 3 after a decade of heavy drinking. I've stopped several times... Now I'm trying again.
Way to go on your day!
Old 06-07-2019, 02:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Hey now congrats! Just dont give up, today is a great day to start a whole new life.
Old 06-07-2019, 04:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nadt View Post
Congrats on day 1!!! We can struggle through these first rough days together! I'm trying to figure out how this site works so I can connect with people..... struggling so far to figure it out.
I'm on another day 3 after a decade of heavy drinking. I've stopped several times... Now I'm trying again.
Way to go on your day!
These first few days are always so difficult but we just have to keep reminding ourselves the pangs of withdrawal are temporary. Good luck today. Hope you have a good sober Friday!
Old 06-07-2019, 04:34 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Day 4 here after a decade of MANY Day 1's myself. This is my first attempt where I'm actively participating in SR as well, and, like you said, this time does feel different.

And congratulations on doing Day 1 on a Friday! I think that takes guts and inspiration.
Old 06-07-2019, 06:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome GreenDog

D
Old 06-07-2019, 06:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BrianK View Post
Day 4 here after a decade of MANY Day 1's myself. This is my first attempt where I'm actively participating in SR as well, and, like you said, this time does feel different.

And congratulations on doing Day 1 on a Friday! I think that takes guts and inspiration.
Today has definitely been a grind. Cravings, doubt, and anxiety are hitting me hard. I’m just hoping I can manage some sleep tonight. Congrats on day 4! Stay strong this weekend!
Old 06-07-2019, 09:19 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thank you for joining greendog. I owe my sobriety to SR. I see you joined the June class. Actively reading and posting
In my class is what got me through the early days.
Old 06-07-2019, 11:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

You can do it GreenDog. Everyone here will support you. Aim to add a zero to that 1 and then on from there
Old 06-08-2019, 05:49 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GreenDog View Post

These first few days are always so difficult but we just have to keep reminding ourselves the pangs of withdrawal are temporary. Good luck today. Hope you have a good sober Friday!
How's it going for you, GreenDog? I made it through Friday. Day 4 for me is not easier, but I've read several posts about day 5 being good so I'm going to push through. Good luck today
Old 06-08-2019, 07:07 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nadt View Post
How's it going for you, GreenDog? I made it through Friday. Day 4 for me is not easier, but I've read several posts about day 5 being good so I'm going to push through. Good luck today
I am hanging in there. Didn’t get much sleep last night but I binged the entire Chernobyl series on HBO so it wasn’t too terrible. I’m hoping day 2 goes a little better than day 1. Congrats on making it through Friday everyone! Thanks for your support
Old 06-08-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Keep it up you are going great. Was Chernobyl good? I have heard good things.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:03 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hi GreenDog. I also had many Day 1's - but I now have 11 yrs. sober. I know you can get free too. I'm so glad you decided to post & participate. We all understand how you feel, the way others just can't.

Good idea to keep distracted & busy. The anxiety will settle down.
Old 06-08-2019, 03:22 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
saoutchik

Good luck GreenDog!

Getting up early and jogging/walking really helped me to sleep and just as importantly to make me feel tired by around 9 - 10pm which curtailed the worst of my booze cravings. As advice goes it is pretty low tech and analogue but it does get you through those early weeks.