Notices

Looking for penpal to help with my recovery

Old 06-07-2019, 01:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking for penpal to help with my recovery

I’m a 30 year old male from Kansas City, MO. I’m looking for someone I can write letters to to discuss recovery, tell my story, and to be able to listen and learn from others during their recovery. If your interested please contact me. I’m new to this so bare with me as I’m figuring it out still.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Hi and Welcome to SR Corclos! SR is a great place to chat with people and learn about recovery, the community are very supportive and will always be willing to share what worked for them. Don’t get disheartened if your plea for a pen pal doesn’t work out. Not everyone wants to share their real name or have people know where they live etc and I would advise you to be careful in who you give your home address to if you have only met them on the internet.

However the good news is this place is fantastic and will give you that connection with others you are seeking in a safe environment so once again welcome xx
Old 06-07-2019, 02:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome Corclos7008

We don't really do the penpal thing here, but hey - why settle for one penpal when you can have 150, 000 people responding to your posts and discussing recovery?

I hope you'll keep posting here

D
Old 06-07-2019, 02:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Corclus.

You have hundreds of online pen pals right here on Soberrecovery. We discuss every aspect of addiction, recovery and lots of other stuff as well.
Old 06-07-2019, 02:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome! So far it's been really helpful for me to be able to read the stories of so many others going through the exact same thing. While I get a lot out of AA meetings, sometimes they seem to have their own momentum while I don't have anything to add. Sometimes, not usually. BUT, coming here I find something in the first few pages of Newcomers to Recovery threads that clicks with me, speaks to me, or moves me to share something back (like your post )

Looking forward to getting to know you better! Peace!!!
Old 06-07-2019, 04:03 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Corclos, I’m new here as well, and what I find helpful is that there are so many people here and there’s almost always someone out there in the world who is awake and can reply to threads. Having many different threads and topics to respond to is really helpful actually, it’s such an immediate thing that you can do whenever the craving hits.

Give SR a try, there are so many good people here who truly understand the situation you are in.