Rough road

Old 06-04-2019, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sapphire44

Rough road

My boyfriend hit his bottom. At least thats what he said. He is a alcoholic and drug addict. He left to the streats he knows awhile back. Did what he did. His phone suposidly got lost. I new it was gone when i got a text that was not his way of texting. So i called hospitals in the area and all his friends and family. He did aventually call me and tell me he almost overdosed. Went to a hospital and then to physical detox. He has been home a few days now. And still on the path for inpatient. He hates it i wont give him money or keep change in the house. I wont give him a reason to drink or drug. If he wants it himself he needs to do it on his own. He gets mad at me allot. I just remind him i dont feal bad and he is not hurting me. It was and is his choice and actions. It is hard to wonder if this is a mistake waiting to see if sobriety is what he really wants. Because we have been down this road before. I have to take care of myself and that is what im doing.
Old 06-04-2019, 08:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When is he supposed to go to inpatient? It seems like you are taking on a lot. He lives with you, and he is getting angry at you for not giving him money. There are always other places that he can stay, like Salvation Army.

I'm sorry, I didn't know, or wasn't clear on what help you actually needed for yourself. Are you taking care of yourself, or are you just worrying about this problem? You're taking care of him, and he is getting mad at you a lot? Is he being abusive? Please talk to us some more so that we can help you better.

((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))
amy
Old 06-05-2019, 03:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You sound like you have a great deal of clarity about the situation. I'm really glad to hear you are taking care of yourself! It sounds like you are letting him 'figure it out'. Because, like my stepson, he either will--or won't. For his sake, I hope that he will!
Old 06-05-2019, 12:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is hard to wonder if this is a mistake waiting to see if sobriety is what he really wants. Because we have been down this road before.
Ask yourself if you want to be in the same place a year from now. Then ask yourself if you trust and respect him.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have to take care of myself and that is what im doing.
We can’t heal in the same environment that made us sick in the first place. Your environment is filled with an addict getting mad at you for not giving him money and only 2 days out of detox. You can’t even keep change in your own home and I’m sure you are walking on egg shells waiting and wondering if/when he takes to the streets again. That is not a good way to take care of yourself.