This week

Old 05-29-2019, 03:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

This week

Good updates:

I have a great support network, resiliency and determination.

The rest:

CPS will be filing for an extension.

DS12 is still placed with DS30 & family. I'm grateful for this and the protection DS12 has had through this from his dad's alcoholism. I'm wanting him home. The timing is out of my hands and I'm doing everything I can.

My husband has had about 2 months of sobriety/recovery this time around, that I'm aware of. We continue living in separate places. 32 years of marriage and our first counseling session outside of a rehab center is tomorrow.

I'm not returning to my seasonal job. A combination of their schedule being much different this year, they've hired someone part time for when they will need help, time for me to move on, etc. It's also very good. I'm ready for something new. This week, ironically, I'm helping an Abraham Hicks friend with some things at her place in the country.

Today when I wanted "to do", I've instead trusted the recovery process as friends have been unexpectedly in my path, slowing me down in really good ways. Reminders to breath deeply, honor all my feelings and that I've been through a lot this past year.

I moved the remainder of my things from my (former) seasonal job and said good-bye. I've been doing laundry, took a walk with puppy, went to the library and enjoyed a late breakfast on my deck with a sense of freedom.

Prayers and good vibes, please! One day at a time, I'm making it through this and am trusting things will continually improve.
Old 05-29-2019, 06:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Mango, I am glad that you have a good support network....and inner determination....
It appears that y our son is thriving ….and, you are, also, thriving away from the alcoholism that was in your home.....
It would appear that you are "riding a winning horse", right now...
wouldn't you like for that to continue....?
I I may ask...does this counseling sessions with your husband...who, I assume, is putting his toe into the sobriety treatment, have a specific goal.....? Like, perhaps, learning how to co-parent or communicate better...?
I know, that you realize that genuine sobriety takes a long time...I am talking years...not weeks....
Old 05-29-2019, 07:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

I'm staying out of his recovery, this round or looking backwards at past ones.

I've been asked by my husband and the main CPS agent to attend a counseling session with him. I have no expectations other than trusting my instincts and it feels good to attend this one tomorrow.

I'm not happy about the extended time frame with the CPS case. I am trusting God/Great Spirit/Universe. "Let go & let God."
Old 05-29-2019, 07:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Mango...I understand....
I especially understand that you would be missing your son...and, I think you are taking a very realistic...though difficult....attitude, about it!
Old 06-01-2019, 04:41 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

"I feel better when I'm dancing." -Meghan Trainor

Me too.

Thankful, grateful for time dancing, playing and spending time with DS12 and my husband.

Thankful, grateful for recovery programs, counselors, kind CFS agents and this day.
Old 06-03-2019, 06:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Mango, I think your attitude is wonderful and calm. I hope all goes well!
Old 06-04-2019, 03:24 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

How did it all go Mango (if you feel like sharing)?

Wishing you the best possible outcome
Old 06-04-2019, 03:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

I found out last week that CPS will be filing for an extension. It may be two weeks or more before I know more details. There is a process to this that I'm becoming more aware of. Praying, meditating, staying connected with all concerned. Doing what I can.

The counseling appointment with my husband was fun. An expected good surprise.

It's early recovery. Something I'm extremely grateful for, vocal about in some ways, willing to sit back and listen and am more knowledgeable about than I used to be -- especially in understanding what really isn't important or my business and realizing one counseling is a very short time-frame. Learning what's been benefiting me with my own therapy appointments, it's easier to bring that into new situations.
Old 06-04-2019, 04:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Life is good

"Wisdom to know the difference."

Just for today, I am grateful to enjoy this gift.

Just for today, I will keep my attention on things I can change.

Just for today, I will allow ease, grace and kindness for self and others.

Just for today, I will eat well -- and nourish my mind and soul as well.

Just for today, I will choose to breath deeply.
Old 06-04-2019, 05:13 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm glad session went well and you are so positive and upbeat--thank you for sharing--I do appreciate your diligence on self-care.

That is so important to healing, isn't it?