Notices

Drunk driving -Third party insurance Uk

Old 05-26-2019, 10:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Drunk driving -Third party insurance Uk

Hi Everyone,
Sorting out the bloody hell drunk driving case.
Faced the court and get convicted .I went for a plea guilty options.
Now turn to think of the third party damage .I admitted for a damage at police station.as well as in court .Insurance company is calculating the damage cost.I may receive the bill anytime.It could be a very tough time to deal with.Two expensive cars have claimed for damages.
Could anyone share his or her experiences how did you manage to get through this difficult time.
Yes I had few advices from lawer and they initially said I have no way to avoid it .
But there are always the way to negotiate the claimed cost with insurance company.Therefore your exoeriences would support me to reduce the heavy burden.
Have a good day !!
Old 05-27-2019, 12:11 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

My insurance asked me to sign a document to say that they may reclaim any payout to the other party from me directly. I refused to sign it with the wording they used and wrote my own disclaimer stating that any payments had to be agreed with me before they were physically paid out and only payments agreed with me in writing could be claimed back from me.

I worried myself sick over how much it was going to cost but 6 years later I have never received a bill from them. They don’t always reclaim the money from the driver and after 6 years they legally can’t anymore. x
Old 05-27-2019, 01:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Mantalady,

Thank you for your sharing.Its already giving me a slight relief . It's been almost 3 months that I haven't heard any from them.I am sure that you are over this bloody hell as its been already 6 year.Hope you are living peacefully and sober .
I may seek your other experiences that you had been through after this trauma !! However if you would like to share more support please post or PM me.
I am expecting others folks PM or post here ,their experiences and supports of their past incident or have been going through now !!
Hope all will be good soon !"!!
Old 05-27-2019, 01:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Most important thing throughout all of this in my experience is to stay sober; everything is built on that foundation.
Old 05-27-2019, 02:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brighterday1234 View Post
Most important thing throughout all of this in my experience is to stay sober; everything is built on that foundation.
Hi Brighterday ,
Yes it is really true there is no way .However we cant go away from finance burden and its impact on life. Definitely being sober we handle things comfortably .Its my pre-plan though and more support are appreciated.Thanks for being a love to me.You take care mate !!!
Old 05-27-2019, 05:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Paulsandy View Post
Hi Brighterday ,
Yes it is really true there is no way .However we cant go away from finance burden and its impact on life. Definitely being sober we handle things comfortably .Its my pre-plan though and more support are appreciated.Thanks for being a love to me.You take care mate !!!
No worries, I went through a drink driving conviction before I got sober so I can empathise somewhat with what you’re going through. All the best 🙏
Old 05-27-2019, 07:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by brighterday1234 View Post

No worries, I went through a drink driving conviction before I got sober so I can empathise somewhat with what you’re going through. All the best 🙏
Thank you