Notices

90 days (nearly 100!)

Old 05-24-2019, 12:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile 90 days (nearly 100!)

Hi everyone!
I wanted to share, and celebrate, 90 days of sobriety. What has changed in a 90 days of sobriety?
Everything.
- My anxiety has shrunk considerably. Before when I was drinking I would get it on a daily basis, and have at least 2-3 panic attacks a week. Now it is very rare that I get a panic attack and feel the anxiety like I once did.
- I’ve lost weight. My face is less swollen and my body in general has ‘deflated’
- I’ve saved money. So much money. About £500 a month. I cannot believe how much money I wasted on something that was poisoning me and making me behave in such an awful way.
- I’ve got engaged. For the first time in my life I’ve been able to be and show my true self, and treat my partner the way they deserve. No aggression, tears, black outs, or panic attacks. Just fun, happiness, and love.
- My job is going really well and I’ve been promoted. I’m now stable enough to do my day to day tasks, and do them well, and to support my team and be a better manager, and a better colleague.
- My relationships with my family have improved. For the first time I in a long time I can safely say that I cannot remember the last time I fought with my sisters, or felt jealousy towards them. I’m seeing them with love rather than anger, and this is showing in our relationships.
- I had my first sober Easter Sunday, with the man I love. It was an amazing feeling, to remember every moment, and not to feel hungover and riddled with fear.
- I’m stronger and have more energy. I can do more, and I get more done. My house is cleaner and I stay on top of things. I also have energy to do new things, like swimming and learning to play the piano.
- I’ve managed to stop smoking. My self control has improved, and I’m now able to go days and weeks without a cigarette.
- I’m sleeping well. For the first time I don’t wake up in the early hours feeling dehydrated and feel nauseous on a Saturday. Instead I sleep through and wake up feeling fresh and awake, and excited about my day ahead.
- I’m sweating less (sounds weird I know!). Before I would sweat and it would smell, and I would shake often. I’ve noticed this has stopped and I don’t shake anymore.
I will still take it one day at a time, and I still have moments where I think ‘god I’d love to down a cold beer’, but then I always remember these points, and how different my life is, and most importantly how well I feel, in my body and my mind. To all those out there who are just starting out….stick at it! The benefits of sobriety are astounding, and you feel the best you have ever felt in your life, and will notice your life change around you for the better.
Keep at it!!
Old 05-24-2019, 01:39 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I love everything about this.
Thank you for sharing and congratulations.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow, that's great! Very inspiring. Congrats and keep it up!
Old 05-24-2019, 04:03 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad Meddles - congratulations

D
Old 05-24-2019, 05:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
AA Member

quit smoking too! wow youre double awesome!

Old 05-25-2019, 04:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ocean Lover!

Huge congrats Meddles xx
Old 05-25-2019, 05:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

that is wonderful!
Old 05-25-2019, 07:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Oh, to Hell with not making any major changes in the first year of sobriety. You're doing just fine!
Old 05-25-2019, 02:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

well done
Old 05-26-2019, 05:28 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time you are doing amazing keep it up!
Old 05-26-2019, 10:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 90 days!!! Way to go!
Old 05-26-2019, 10:21 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i've just had my third sober birthday-and it was great !, money I got that ordinarily have gone in the off licence or pub has been spent on my house and stuff to keep me busy-it's amazing how much you spend on beer-even calling it a tenner (£10) a day I've saved by not buying beer means that I've had basically 7 and a half THOUSAND quid to spend that I would have drunk.

I am 47 though and my drinking spanned 30 years-so I could probably have bought a house and a nice car by now-the 90's WERE fun though ! I can look back and laugh because I know it's never happening EVER AGAIN.

Keep on going-you sound like you've got it all sorted now-just remember to hold it in the same contempt it held you in-and at arms' length at all costs.

Good Luck.