Resources

Old 05-22-2019, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Resources

I have recently been dialing into Alanon phone meetings and have found them quite beneficial. Also, doing laundry while in my pajamas, and partcipating in a phone meeting simultaneously is a win-win in my book. I am kicking myself that I did not discover them sooner. Between them and SR I wonder in our digital age what else I may have overlooked? Suggestions for podcasts, online support, youtube videos, TED talks, etc... that anyone has found helpful?
Old 05-22-2019, 09:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That sounds great Coral. I've known there are quite a few ever developing electronic sources but it is good to hear of this.

There must be a list in the stickies but I haven't checked.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Could you give some information on al-anon phone meetings? I'm interested in that also.

Thanks!
Old 05-23-2019, 04:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Codependy76 View Post
Could you give some information on al-anon phone meetings? I'm interested in that also.

Thanks!
All you have to do is google "Alanon." It will bring you to the main site for the worldwide organization. Then look for "Find a meeting." This will show you all meetings in all formats in all locations.

There is a lot of good info on the site in addition to listing the meetings, and I'd recommend reading around to see what else you might learn.

They also have an online store where you can buy Alanon books and other materials. If the prices are prohibitive for you, you can find much of the same literature on Amazon, used, for a fraction of the price. I bought all my books used and actually prefer it--I liked knowing that someone else had been where I was, held this same book, felt what I felt.

Alanon is a great resource, and I hope you find it helpful.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:16 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I love this topic idea because my closest Al-Anon meeting is 4hrs away.

my go to is the ‘recovery show’ podcast- Al-Anon themed. There’s open talks, discussions on every topic. It’s been a really important part of my recovery
Old 05-23-2019, 07:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm a huge fan of TED talks & we shared a bunch in this thread:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ted-talks.html (TED Talks)

.... and here.....

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ted-talks.html (Anybody else watch TED talks?)

I have started listening to a Oprah's Super Soul podcast - she interviews some amazing people.

Have you checked out the sticky thread on book suggestions? There are SO many it's worth checking out. I don't always have time to read but I do have a long, challenging commute & was able to stream a lot on audio books or get on CD from my library.

But when I find something amazing that I want to keep in my personal library, I check for used copies at thriftbooks.com because they have amazing deals & free shipping on most small orders.

Hope this helps!