Notices

Feeling committed for sober life.

Old 05-15-2019, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling committed for sober life.

Hi folks,
There were 3 major bad decision ever i made in my life with influence of alcohol

1. Getting married with unmatched partner.
2.Abusing /dominating her after marriage which went to divorce ,lost contact with children.
3.Drink driving conviction just because I wanted to go to park after few drinks.

now I realised all happened just because of drink.I was very much prestigious in the society though.I damaged my life because I took decision while influence of alcohol that lead to me loss of finance,relationship,health and career.
I have to be committed if I need to change my.life so need the following .
1. Accept the life as it is now there give the room for grow and healing.
2.Do not abuse myself it any more .
3.Forgive myself and others without any conditions 4. Let go old grudges and attract the good in life.
5.Appreciate the things I have.
6.Work on the goal of life.
7.Loving myself and others I have hurt is far important .
8.Celebrate that I am alive and has an opportunity to reclaim the fulfilled life again.
What tools of recovery should I use ?
1. READ out addiction recovery books listen to podcasts.Practice sprituality.
2.Meditate mindfully.
3.Shout out positive affirmations.
4.Chant serenity prayers.
5.Use hypnosis .
6.Visualise your sobel life already.
7.Forget about social judgement ,they will believe you once you show them up you are clean.Be a sample to them.
Believe iin all is good.
I hope these tools might be helpful you folks too .Use one of them or few whatever works for you.
Once again its not to.late to start because we live from now we can't live in the past.
CHEERS
Old 05-15-2019, 07:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's a very good list!

Sounds likje you're on the right path. Keep it going, and don't pick up that first drink. It will keep getting better.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Paul, it sounds like you have a good plan. You can do this!
Old 05-15-2019, 09:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post

Hi.anna I have tools to calm myself that's why I am alive after massive distruction .Thanks for taking care of me ..hope you are on.right track and recovering well...
Old 05-15-2019, 09:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
That's a very good list!

Sounds likje you're on the right path. Keep it going, and don't pick up that first drink. It will keep getting better.

I am.trying hard my friend hope you are doing well.too.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No Dogma Please

That's a great list and plan.

I found that having a group, a plan, something was also crucial. Could be AA, could be an outpatient rehab group, or could be a one-on-one thing with a therapist. Something that's not me in my own head making the sober journey.

It could be Sober Recovery.

It's all good though. Keep us informed of your progress!
Old 05-15-2019, 09:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm glad you have a thought out plan, and I hope it works for you. Try not to overthink it. Just live your life with a positive outlook, and you'll be fine.
Old 05-15-2019, 11:10 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I like your plan and its detail. Try to adhere to some parts of it every day without feeling overwhelmed, and, of course, don't drink. It's good to see that you have given a lot of thought to your past and to how you are going to build upon what you have come to understand.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Guener View Post
I like your plan and its detail. Try to adhere to some parts of it every day without feeling overwhelmed, and, of course, don't drink. It's good to see that you have given a lot of thought to your past and to how you are going to build upon what you have come to understand.
Thank you Guener yes I will try not to go back.But stll hard to think of whole life without a drink .I am able to maintain the nice gap though.I were not able to think a day alone without a drink .Drink.and sleep.was a pattern of life.recently I got married and I can manage my gap.However its still difficult if I am on my own.Lets beat it together so that we start hating alcohol ,no matter of the situation.Let us share more.Take care !
Old 05-15-2019, 01:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

overthink !

Originally Posted by WhoDeyPI View Post
I'm glad you have a thought out plan, and I hope it works for you. Try not to overthink it. Just live your life with a positive outlook, and you'll be fine.

Hi WhoDay,
Yes I do overthinking .I can't listen to.others while they are speaking with me.I think of how to get rid of this at all time and its been 9 years .Thoughts run 24 hours .Trying to change my subconcious mind still not succeded.I do visuasation and hyponosis however they seem not working perfectly .May be I interupted my healing process with little gap of drinking.Now widened the drinking patten so let's see.!!!..good night