Notices

Sweetichicks New Accountability Thread

Old 05-12-2019, 03:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sweetichicks New Accountability Thread

This is my new thread. The other reached its limit of posts.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:47 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

There’s no better time to start over then! This can be a completely different thread for you.

I hope you find recovery. I hope you start today. Just pick one thing to do for yourself. An online meeting, call a person from aa, just one thing.

That can be the start of a sober life. I stopped drinking more times than I can count. But I got sober after I decided to stop saying no to things. I picked a thing to do, regardless of my comfort level, and did it. That empowered me to do the next right thing. And the next.

You can do this, but you have to step out of your box. Do things you don’t want to do. It’s not easy, but it works.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What are you going to do differently this time to get and stay sober?
Old 05-12-2019, 08:19 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've been following you sc. I hope you can find the strength with in this time, it's a tough ole road.
Wishing you well on your journey🙏
Old 05-12-2019, 08:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Really. Let this be the line in the sand.
Old 05-12-2019, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

hi sweeti,
glad you're here
Old 05-12-2019, 09:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck sweetie ive messed up too, its hard at times but we can keep trying x
Old 05-12-2019, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

How are you doing today? Or is it tonight?
Old 05-12-2019, 10:55 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

A new thread, a new beginning. Maybe use this thread as the beginning of the new you. This might be a time celebrate the beginning of a new life for you. A time to dump the excuses or things that are getting in your way, and move on. I'm excited for you. John
Old 05-12-2019, 11:57 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi Sweeti,

So glad you're sticking around! I posted for at least three years on a different site before I finally got sober. While I recommend trying different things and really committing yourself, it's also important never to give up. And I'm glad you're staying honest and staying here and not disappearing.

One thing you mentioned in your other thread that I want to comment on is the idea of you "relapsing." Sweeti, I had the same thoughts when I was struggling. Why do I keep relapsing?

I didn't understand that one or two days, even a week!, of not drinking wasn't sobriety. I wasn't relapsing because I hadn't quit drinking. I was just drinking with a different pattern than I was used to.

You aren't relapsing. You're having breaks between drinks. I'm only saying this because sobriety--real sobriety--is so much better than what you're going through. It's worth working for.

One day (in the near future I hope!) you won't be tempted to drink because of lice, water heaters, ex-boyfriends, whatever. You'll have other ways of dealing with problems. It won't be an option.

You're not there yet. But you can get there. It really does involve a change of perspective. But you have to commit to sobriety and not drinking no matter what.

I'm always cheering you on, so I hope nothing here sounds harsh. I just want to see you succeed so badly. I remember what it was like to struggle and I want you to have the same clarity that eventually came to me.

Hope you feel better today.
Old 05-12-2019, 12:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bexxed View Post
Hi Sweeti,

How are you doing today? Or is it tonight?
It’s early morning. About 530am. I have no desire to drink and aren’t hanging out for the pub to open. I didn’t sleep well so feel a bit overwhelmed. I know it’s all part of the recovery process. Feel like I am in a. Bit of a fog. Thanks for asking Bexxed. At least there’s no hangover.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2muchpain View Post
A new thread, a new beginning. Maybe use this thread as the beginning of the new you. This might be a time celebrate the beginning of a new life for you. A time to dump the excuses or things that are getting in your way, and move on. I'm excited for you. John
Thanks John I want a new beginning. No more excuses or beating myself up over the past. Only I can make it happen.
Old 05-12-2019, 01:40 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sweetichick View Post
. Only I can make it happen.
now, what are you going to do to be accountable and make it happen?what are ya gonna DO for a new beginning of accountability for recovery?
whats up with the detox hospital thing?
put in the footwork,sweeti. it will be worth it.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

l...

Originally Posted by CupofJoe View Post
Hi Sweeti,

So glad you're sticking around! I posted for at least three years on a different site before I finally got sober. While I recommend trying different things and really committing yourself, it's also important never to give up. And I'm glad you're staying honest and staying here and not disappearing.

One thing you mentioned in your other thread that I want to comment on is the idea of you "relapsing." Sweeti, I had the same thoughts when I was struggling. Why do I keep relapsing?

I didn't understand that one or two days, even a week!, of not drinking wasn't sobriety. I wasn't relapsing because I hadn't quit drinking. I was just drinking with a different pattern than I was used to.

You aren't relapsing. You're having breaks between drinks. I'm only saying this because sobriety--real sobriety--is so much better than what you're going through. It's worth working for.

One day (in the near future I hope!) you won't be tempted to drink because of lice, water heaters, ex-boyfriends, whatever. You'll have other ways of dealing with problems. It won't be an option.

You're not there yet. But you can get there. It really does involve a change of perspective. But you have to commit to sobriety and not drinking no matter what.

I'm always cheering you on, so I hope nothing here sounds harsh. I just want to see you succeed so badly. I remember what it right was like to struggle and I want you to have the same clarity that eventually came to me.

Hope you feel better today.
Thanks Joe for always cheering me on. I am committed. Your right i take breaks. Tomorrow is payday not that I don’t have money now for a drink.Its a bit of an unknown considering the plumbing bill. Plus my psychiatrist always calls. I will read over my step one before I go out. Still feel very foggy in the head.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
now, what are you going to do to be accountable and make it happen?what are ya gonna DO for a new beginning of accountability for recovery?
whats up with the detox hospital thing?
put in the footwork,sweeti. it will be worth it.
I have to go for an assessment first. Me and the detox place keep missing each other’s calls.They only call once a day. They are very busy. I intend to remain accountable on here for now.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

heres something you can do to be accountable- stay by your phone.
Old 05-12-2019, 02:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sweeti, make it a number one priority to connect with the detox place for an assessment. Stay by the phone for the entire day until the call comes, and then you will be one step closer to treatment.
Old 05-12-2019, 07:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Sweeti, make it a number one priority to connect with the detox place for an assessment. Stay by the phone for the entire day until the call comes, and then you will be one step closer to treatment.
I got the assessment done. I am not allowed to inpatient detox unless I have drunk in the last 3 days. I am booked in for outpatient treatment and a supervised home detox if I drink again. I rang them and complained we kept missing each other on the phone.
Old 05-13-2019, 06:52 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Giving up is NOT an option.

When does the outpatient treatment begin? If I understand you correctly, you can't do the detox unless you've been drinking, which makes sense, of course. But you can still do the outpatient treatment, when it starts. Right? So, I'm hoping you can stay sober until it begins. Keep posting here, keep trying, don't give up. I'm happy to see you taking positive steps!
Old 05-13-2019, 07:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

My case has to go before the doctors. They will let me know. Hopefully tomorrow. That’s the public service. Things move slowly. Thanks for your encouragement. I am finding it hard tonight.